Cleaning the outside of the motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Does anyone know of a place where we could take the motorhome that has a gantry so we can clean the motorhome roof. We can’t get to the roof ourselves.
Or, do you know of a valeting company that will do it for us?

We live on the coast in West Sussex.

many thanks.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
That’s a great question.
I’m no help though.
I rely on my neighbour going out* and then I’m rushing out with a wobbly step ladder to then make an unsatisfactory job of cleaning the roof. 🤪

*- we have a shared drive 🤣

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Does anyone know of a place where we could take the motorhome that has a gantry so we can clean the motorhome roof. We can’t get to the roof ourselves.

many thanks.
We store our motorhome at church farm, bosham, and they have a gantry for caravan and motorhome cleaning. Google South coast storage. Whether they let non storage customers use it I don't know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
That’s a great question.
I’m no help though.
I rely on my neighbour going out* and then I’m rushing out with a wobbly step ladder to then make an unsatisfactory job of cleaning the roof. 🤪

*- we have a shared drive 🤣
I do the same thing [wobbly ladder] but on the A921 main road through Burntisland.The Roof cleaning is, at best, a cursory splash & scrub with the telescopic cleaning brush ... To be fair, after almost 2 days of continual heavy downpours, most of the accumulated muck from the last 2 weeks or so has been washed away on the small waves of rainwater pouring from the roof. If it will abate a little, I can wash Brunhilde and just use the shampoo. The body is uniformly soaked and a steady drizzle will rinse the Autoglym off before it has any chance to dry ...

'Opportunities present themselves; recognise them; act upon them' as The One Minute Manager was wont to say, when staring at his 25 acres of office wall that contained all those Posters that he used to quote in the Book ... :unsure:

Steve

4Travel

Free Member
Aug 17, 2018
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2016
There is a company at the New Barn Estate in Funtington Nr. Chichester that clean and valet motorhomes etc. Not sure on the name I'm afraid.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I can point you to a number of places on the Continent but none here I’m afraid. What I did was use my aluminium ladders against the roof edge & padded them with heavy duty scaffolding foam. Used the long brush dipped into a bucket on the ground. Never caused any damage. I could also walk on the roof of my Bessacarr E480G but this was at risk of causing dimples if I knelt on it or wore heeled shoes etc.

OP
OP
The Cruisers
Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We store our motorhome at church farm, bosham, and they have a gantry for caravan and motorhome cleaning. Google South coast storage. Whether they let non storage customers use it I don't know.
I contacted South Coast storage but unfortunately it’s only for people that store their vans there.
she was a very nice lady who tried to think of places for me. She did give me a dealer that is near by that she thought might do it but when I contacted them they only did their customers. They suggested a car cleaning company that is on the A27 near Chichester roundabout. So perhaps we might go for a drive around that area.
thanks.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This gentleman has done mine and did a great job. Bit outside of your area, but you could have a day or weekend out?

Would want him pointing a pressure washer at my roof vents like he is on his web page.

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
I'm of the opinion that as I can't see the roof or the underneath of my motorhome, neither need cleaning:giggle:
My late Dad always used to say that a good layer of dirt protects the bodywork - a practice I follow to this day

4Travel

Free Member
Aug 17, 2018
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2016
There is a company at the New Barn Estate in Funtington Nr. Chichester that clean and valet motorhomes etc. Not sure on the name I'm afraid.
The company is called 'Sunnydale Motor Company' Unit C3 New Barn Offices, they clean and can detail motorhomes, inside and out, it's what they do.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock

many thanks.
I use Werner step ladders they are pretty stable https://www.diy.com/departments/wer...form-step-ladder-h-2-48m/5010845000788_BQ.prd

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Slightly out of your patch, but we found a company near Rye in East Sussex/West Kent that will valet motorhomes and Caravans. (Roof included!).

The advantage is they are 100 meters from a very nice CL site, which means you can overnight at the CL and then present your van promptly at opening time for cleaning.

You then go off for the day on your bike (sea front is about 1 mile) or walk half a mile to the very good, ye olde beame, pub in St Mary in the Marsh.

As they also do Motorhome/Caravan storage, they tend to be busy with their own vans Friday to Monday, but take non storage cleaning work Tuesday to Thursday (by arrangement)

Prices from £35 for outside only and £65 for inside only, so about £100 inside and out.

The CL is Shingle Hall farm

The Valet/storage place is G&D Facilities

email: deanna.ashby66 at gmail.com
or telephone: Dee 07979 857976
TURNGATES COMMERCIAL PARK - ST. MARY'S ROAD - ST. MARY IN THE MARSH - KENT - TN29 0BT - TELEPHONE 01797 366212

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
I use telescopic ladder with thick pipe insulation to protect the contact points, oh and someone footing the ladder at all times.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Don't forget that if you do manage to get up on the roof from a gantry to clean it that a normal ladder, if turned upside down, can be used to get down off the roof.

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
Errrrr can I ask how much would you all pay to have your motorhome washed and waxed???

I happy snow foaming mine, then agitating with the brush, hose off then Williams waterless wash and wax

I normally wet and forget the roof every 3mths and and washed and wax every other time

Errr I quite like doing it (Hereford based 😉)

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Of the ladder you mucky pup.
Big Shot GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS

RM_Marine

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2021
Poole, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2021
RobbyMclark

I was going to message you about your levellers

I'm still young and happy up a ladder

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
My late Dad always used to say that a good layer of dirt protects the bodywork - a practice I follow to this day
I find I get a good harvest of potatoes from a good layer of dirt on a vehicle

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
If you can spare a pair of socks, put them on the end of an extendable ladder and lean it on the van 👍

That can be tip of the day 😎
I use a pair of Crocs kept in the van for just this purpose. Put the crocks on each side of the ladder top so the Crocs’ soles rest on the bodywork. Also they don’t slip.

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Cheapest way is to ask a local handyman. We've got one with roofing experience who will turn his hand to anything. He did ours, including roof, including wax rub for fifty quid.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back