Clean Water? (1 Viewer)

A

AndrewWootton

Deleted User
We have bought a La Strada Regent (Mercedes Sprinter) We are off on a first trial run on Friday before we try a trip to France
How often should I flush through the water system.
We would like to be able to use water trom the taps for drinking

Dawn

Free Member
Dec 7, 2007
Merseyside.
Funster No
MH
Hightop.
Exp
17yrs.
Hiya & Welcome :thumb:

We usually clean ours twice a year with Puriclean, Although if we've been abroad we clean it out when we get home.
We never drink water direct out of the tap we always boil it first,
Also after being away we empty the tanks when we get home.

Hope this helps & enjoy your travels ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Andrew, most people keep fresh bottled on board for drinking. We keep our tank clean by flushing with Miltons a couple of times a year. When not in use I keep the tank bone dry. We always fill the kettle from the tank, always letting it boil a little longer just in case. You could look at some filter systems, some members swear by them, I am sure someone will jump in here and tell you all about them. Meanwhile, welcome to the fun::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

Jumping in to recommend The Nature Pure system. With a nature pure filter system they reckon you can draw water from the canal, put it through the filter system and drink it. Haven't tried this and probably never will but we have tried the filter system and it is very good.

When we changed the filter after a year the s*it in it was better there than in us.

stew

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We use either bottled water or a filter jug for tea/coffee etc just to make sure and flush the tanks a couple of times a year with sterilising fluid.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi is the fear of contamination real or just imagined? I have used purification tablets in our various motorhomes at times but don't bother any more, the wife inisists on bottle water while I drink from the tap, we both clean our teeth with tap water without any ill effects so I wonder if their is any real danger.

Olley

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO:I usualy leave milton type fluid in the tanks for 24 hrs then flush,fill with clean from a normal green /orange in my case garden hose.I drink, clean teeth in it no probs (yet):ROFLMAO: but SWMBO only touches bottled but refills from site taps :ROFLMAO:
terry

Upvote 0

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
When you've taken a long, refreshing drink from a clear and cold mountain stream then found a dead sheep in it fifty yards on, you tend to be quite relaxed about water quality in the motorhome. :roflmto:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
When you've taken a long, refreshing drink from a clear and cold mountain stream then found a dead sheep in it fifty yards on, you tend to be quite relaxed about water quality in the motorhome. :roflmto:

Was it UPSTREAM or DOWNSTREAM?:Eeek:

Upvote 0

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
We could invite Sharon or Keith (Kands) our resident Bio experts to comment,BUT if we knew a fraction of what they know we wouldn't eat or drink ever again:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: apart from Pussers Rum, I'm assured by Keith that its biologically sound, only Sailors (good choice of word there) can live in it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
The dead sheep was upstream, unfortunately :Doh:
Still, it was a good excuse to rest and take a hefty swig from my thermos flask of wine (for its antiseptic properties, of course), and enjoy the beauty of Cwm Eigiau. And meditate on the possibility of an untimely death :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The dead sheep was upstream, unfortunately :Doh:
Still, it was a good excuse to rest and take a hefty swig from my thermos flask of wine (for its antiseptic properties, of course), and enjoy the beauty of Cwm Eigiau. And meditate on the possibility of an untimely death :ROFLMAO:

Water needs to have a bit of "Body" to it otherwise it's pretty bland.

I like the idea of the wine though.:thumb:

I'll drink to that.:wine::whistle:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread