Class C Provisional licence date (1 Viewer)

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
I applied for a provisional entitlement 3 months ago, still waiting on DVLA despite chasing them. What date do they issue the licence from? The date of the medical, date received or date they issue it? Just curious.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It won't be medical date but could be the date you applied ( that's normal) but they recently sent mine back with a date from the day it was issued I. E. The day before it arrived in the post.

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie
CR**. And I am checking daily as I have been waiting 3 weeks.

Edited to disambiguate my swearing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
if its your first application / first medical submitted dont hold your breath. mine was submitted 10th August last year and got issued 10th of April this year.....:mad::eek:

ok, there has been 2 lockdowns in that time but ........... :banghead:

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie
That is absolutely crazy. I'll start to get my MP involved well before then. He was extremely helpful last time I had an issue and a letter from him got an issue resolved quickly which was previously "impossible".

I have the added complication of being a leg amputee :ROFLMAO:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
That is absolutely crazy. I'll start to get my MP involved well before then. He was extremely helpful last time I had an issue and a letter from him got an issue resolved quickly which was previously "impossible".

:oops:

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021

Unfortunately I think if you're an amputee it will take some time, as it will have to be approved by their medical team and that takes ages.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Unfortunately I think if you're an amputee it will take some time, as it will have to be approved by their medical team and that takes ages.
i would have thought that this information is already held by them if a current license has been held.
but
they will trawl for the minutest of change / observation to ensure they cover their " backsides"! that appears to take forever as they seem to continually ask a new medical question after each previous answer is received ...:doh::doh::doh: and so it goes on until they run out of ideas and there is nothing left but to issue a license...

you may detect, I am not a fan of their medical teams procedures..

if MOT's were done like this then no vehicle would ever pass...

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Took months for mine to return, in fact I forgot i sent it then turned the house upside down looking for it😂 then it arrived in the post, I’d had a surgical procedure on my back so received a letter stating I needed to confirm exactly what I’d had done from the medical team before they would consider me. V thorough but v slow.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021

Me neither, it took them nearly 9 months to issue me a provisional class C license which lost me the opportunity of getting the course and test for free. And that was back in 2013.

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie

Nor me. After I lost my leg I was a bit of a mess and drove with hand controls. I had them add a restriction to my licence that I needed hand controls, as I did at that stage.

I then bought an automatic with a left foot accelerator. I asked them how I could get restrictions where I could drive with hand controls OR an auto with a left foot accelerator.

They said it was not possible and that I had to choose between them, as if they put both restrictions on my licence I would only be able to drive an auto with a left foot accelerator and hand controls. This ruled out both cars as one was a manual and the other did not have hand controls.

After my MP got involved (John Glen, great guy!) they quickly admitted they were wrong and I needed no restriction on my licence as there was no single aid I always needed. I kept the letter from there CEO in the glove box for years in case I was ever challenged on it but never have been.

Over the next couple of years, I got stronger and while my normal car is a BMW M4 with DSG and a left foot accelerator, I regularly drive unmodified manuals using my prosthetic and normal leg. The D4 medical clearly states that the prosthetic is no issue to driving....

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Over the next couple of years, I got stronger and while my normal car is a BMW M4 with DSG and a left foot accelerator, I regularly drive unmodified manuals using my prosthetic and normal leg. The D4 medical clearly states that the prosthetic is no issue to driving....
I have an ex army mate who lost a leg during service, he drives with his prosthetic leg and normal leg with no issues.

hope it goes smoothly for you.

OP
OP
15isto2

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Just off the phone with DVLA.... apparently the team are dealing with my application quite quickly, interesting use of "quickly"

Sep 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 744
Exp
I'm a newbie
And licence issued 27 days later. The power of a good local MP should not be underestimated.

OP
OP
15isto2

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
15isto2 did you finally get yours issued?
I did thanks, arrived about 2 weeks ago. Interestingly the photo card was reissued with the same expire as my original one so it lasts 3.5 years, odd timing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back