CL or Site Availability Summer 2021 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Don't understand this - anywhere suitable for a caravan, must be also okay for a motorhome :unsure: ?

Britstops is another good resource.
It's all about location. A caravan has a car and can therefore be anywhere. We love the German setup where motorhomes are catered for inside the towns and villages, often free.

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Always find that most siteā€™s are close to bus services.
That's something we look for. I remember a site at Scarborough that advertised a short walk to the bus stop and 1 mile to town. Turned out it was on the top if the steepest of hills with a narrow road without footpaths and it was about 2 1/2 miles to the bus with a further 3 miles to town. Knackered walking back in the dark.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I've always considered Motorhoming to be touring, caravan stay put for a few days
With a bit of research, you can find parking for most vans.
If you want to play being a caravan, and be onsite for a few days...
...you can always hire a car

There are solutions to most challenges, just depends on how flexible you're willing to be.

Weekends, in peak season at a premium location is always going to be difficult.
Even in Europe.
We don't do premium locations, there are much better places that, at least in Europe, we don't have to book in peak season.

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Give some of the smaller CL sites a try, we even had Tesco deliver here recently to one organised party.
We love CLs, but you have to phone to book, hence my original question does anyone have a feel for the general availability of these. I don't want to start booking them only to find I can't fill my itinerary.

OP
OP
Folkranger
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Look I've got to thank everyone for the suggestions I think you've covered the field (pun). Lots to try out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
For reasons I don't wish to expand upon, we need to stay near home this year. We took the decision to take a step backwards to what we did for many years and are camping weekends with the local DA of the C&CC and hopefully a few weeks at THS's. Much cheaper, less crowded and far more our style than busy commercial sites

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back