Cirencester Park- Jeremy Vine Radio 2 (1 Viewer)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I only visit one or maybe twice a year but I feel the instigation of an access fee will probably backfire.

Backfire as in people won’t pay and go there?

Maybe that is what they want to happen?
Just the cynic in me coming out 😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
If the upkeep is too costly maybe the owner's social conscience would prompt him to sell part of it for an affordable housing estate and a solar farm?
Cirencester is overrun with new builds, to the point where there are estates of new houses on almost every approach.
More than enough of the nearby countryside is already under acres of solar panels.

Cirencester Park is privately owned and its owners have every right to charge access to it.
The camp site will provide passes to guests staying there so this won’t affect them.
The National Trust charges for access to most of its formal parkland. Cirencester Park can’t be compared to wild open spaces, woodland or coastline. And in any case the NT’s wild places (including those near to me) are free to access, but have charges to park. £2 for two hours, £4 otherwise…

RedFrame

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2017
Chester
Funster No
MH
Self Build W907 PVC
Exp
Sept 2017
NT charge for formal gardens and houses but not for most of the land they own, protect and manage. They own 780 miles of coastland and sometimes charge for parking.
And for taking photographs...

Cheers
Red.

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Never seen a photograph charge. Where did you come across this and how do they enforce it?
They have very strict restrictions for COMMERCIAL photography, with associated fees. And they will pursue with legal enforcement those who ignore this. (I'm a commercial photographer and ran into this when looking for vehicle shoot locations. I checked the rights allowed before planning a shoot, so I didn't fall foul of the limitations.)

Quite a few of their properties also restrict personal use photography. In some cases none is allowed but it is more usually to say 'no flash' in indoor spaces etc, to protect some of those spaces. In those cases there are generally signs at the property entrances.

NT Info on Photography/Filming at their Properties

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back