Cinch Hub With Discount Code - Alternative Pop Up Shelter To A Driveaway Awning (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Like many Funsters we have enjoyed the joys of the Quest Screen House shelters but found that carrying one in our 6m van conversion is problematic so we have been looking for an alternative to our (discontinued) now somewhat ancient Decathlon pop up hub which is lighter & easier to store so can be carried all the time. Hopefully we have found it in the Cinch Hub https://cinchpopuptents.com/specifications/ for which there is a discount code for paid subscription Funsters. There are two offers - if buying just the Hub (which comes with quite a few nice extras like the collapsible lights) then 15% discount & free delivery taking this from £281 down to £229 delivered (y) Alternatively there’s a code for a free inner tent (so suitable for sleeping in too) & free delivery taking the cost down from £351 to £269 delivered. It should be noted that the floor of the inner tent is polyethylene tarpaulin type material so not breathable so may not be suitable on some campsite pitches. There is a limited number of uses for these discount codes - send me a PM or post here to let me know which offer code you would like :)

We haven’t had a chance to put our Cinch Hub up yet as the garden is much too wet & boggy but so far it looks good - will add a few photos of the bits & pieces that come with it when we have the time.

1644438310819.png

Feb 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Bongo
Hello,

Could I have both codes please? Pretty sure I’m going to go for the inner tent too but undecided 🙂 Thanks

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hello,

Could I have both codes please? Pretty sure I’m going to go for the inner tent too but undecided 🙂 Thanks
Hi & welcome! :hi: You need to be a paid subscription member on here to benefit from this Funster discount code - please let me know if you do decide to do this. I could only give you one code for one use so you would need to wait until you have decided which to buy too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Like many Funsters we have enjoyed the joys of the Quest Screen House shelters but found that carrying one in our 6m van conversion is problematic so we have been looking for an alternative to our (discontinued) now somewhat ancient Decathlon pop up hub which is lighter & easier to store so can be carried all the time. Hopefully we have found it in the Cinch Hub https://cinchpopuptents.com/specifications/ for which there is a discount code for paid subscription Funsters. There are two offers - if buying just the Hub (which comes with quite a few nice extras like the collapsible lights) then 15% discount & free delivery taking this from £281 down to £229 delivered (y) Alternatively there’s a code for a free inner tent (so suitable for sleeping in too) & free delivery taking the cost down from £351 to £269 delivered. It should be noted that the floor of the inner tent is polyethylene tarpaulin type material so not breathable so may not be suitable on some campsite pitches. There is a limited number of uses for these discount codes - send me a PM or post here to let me know which offer code you would like :)

We haven’t had a chance to put our Cinch Hub up yet as the garden is much too wet & boggy but so far it looks good - will add a few photos of the bits & pieces that come with it when we have the time.

View attachment 584098
The quest 5 wasn’t available so I got the equivalent maypole one (4 sided) which had a £20 discount so paid £179. There are much better pop ups out there but it suited us.

That looks a really good deal Karen 👍

Mar 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Hi

Thanks for replying. Please can you send us the discount code as we’re definitely going for The Cinch Hub. It looks perfect for our needs. Thanks 😊

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi

Thanks for replying. Please can you send us the discount code as we’re definitely going for The Cinch Hub. It looks perfect for our needs. Thanks 😊
Hi - glad it's of use - are you going for the Hub or Hub & inner tent? There are different codes & limited uses for each.

Mar 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
Hi there

Not sure so please can you give me both codes?

We’ll only be making one purchase.

Thanks 😊

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi there

Not sure so please can you give me both codes?

We’ll only be making one purchase.

Thanks 😊
Just let me know when you decide which one & I'll send you a PM.

Mar 18, 2022
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Supreme
I think we’ll go for the Hub and dark inner too.

Thanks 😊

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
Hi Wombles is this discount still available, we are going to purchase a smaller van and was wondering which Pop up or awning to purchase. Have you tried the Cinch hub yet, we would value your review.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles is this discount still available, we are going to purchase a smaller van and was wondering which Pop up or awning to purchase. Have you tried the Cinch hub yet, we would value your review.
Hi - yes - discount still available (just PM if wanted) but haven't tried our Cinch yet but will do at Norden Farm Meet. Depends on how small you decide to go as think that the Quest Screen House will remain the Funster favourite for ease of use & space it gives for those that have the room to carry & store it but the Cinch is a more compact option for those that don't. Worth a look at Decathlon too https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/...rice|0||sku.activePrice|0||sku.availability|1 as they have a Quest type shelter "Caperlan" (think the panels all have to be up or down at same time though & not sure how many fixing points as it's a Bivvy?) in two sizes which is a little smaller than the Quest version so slightly shorter to store. A budget option if happy to fuss with poles is https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/6-per...se-m/_/R-p-157674?mc=8648391&c=BLUE_TURQUOISE which is very popular on the continent & I've read lots of good feedback about it.
We've not found an add-on awning yet that is worth the hassle so driveaway or pop ups get our vote but pros & cons of all so what suits one may drive another crazy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles have you tried the Cinch Hub yet? How did you get on? And is the discount still available?
Thanks
Hi - yes - used it at Norden Meet & Topsham Rally where it worked well & many Funsters liked the grey colour. Will post more detailed feedback & photos when time allows. The discount codes are still available so please just let me know if you want one for just the Hub or the Hub & inner tent if/when you do decide to buy one.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
******************* UPDATE *********************
Please note that the web price for the Cinch has increased but discount remains the same:
15% discount & free postage (normally £12) for the Hub so £311 reduced to £254 or Hub & inner tent from £381 to £299 as inner tent & postage free. Currently showing 3 day delivery via Parcelforce while stocks last.

Nana

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Globecar campscout
Exp
7 years
******************* UPDATE *********************
Please note that the web price for the Cinch has increased but discount remains the same:
15% discount & free postage (normally £12) for the Hub so £311 reduced to £254 or Hub & inner tent from £381 to £299 as inner tent & postage free. Currently showing 3 day delivery via Parcelforce while stocks last.
After waiting a while Cinch emailed us today to say they had received new stock. We are expecting delivery of ours tomorrow. Thank you very much Karen for the discount information great saving.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Cinch Hub in use:

IMG_20220508_191205653_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220508_191055952_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
First impressions:
Like that it fits easily into carry bag & can be stored all the time in our motorhome garage space comfortably.

IMG_20220422_153742690.jpg

Very quick & easy to pop up & peg out as in the photo in previous post - it has a lot of guy ropes so if pegged individually they would make it even more stable but that's a lot of pegging! Also fixed pegging points at the mid point of the base of each section. The light & strong aluminium pegs supplied are much better than the standard ones that normally come with tent style products but still opted for our longer glow in the dark ones https://www.blue-diamond-products.co.uk/other-products/pegs.html that we've had for several years.

IMG_20220422_163306076.jpg

Lots of extra bits come as standard but didn't feel the need to use the storm poles for extra support & the ground sheet is tarpaulin type material so would use a breathable version instead if needed.

IMG_20220422_163243863.jpg

Loved the two solar lamps as very compact storing folded flat, charge via cable provided or solar, have two light settings (only need to use one at at time) & hang on the hooks in the Hub:

IMG_20220422_163325948.jpg

IMG_20220422_163417856.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
There are four attached "door mats" which can be stored rolled up inside when the Hub is up but need to be unrolled for packing away - as we will never use these & they are non-breathable tarpaulin type material decided to take drastic action & cut these off! Done carefully with scissors (best done as a two man job when up in place) & taking care not to also cut off the tabs for pegging half way along this leaves no sign & makes using it our way easier. Here's one of the sections cut off:

IMG_20220516_165435461.jpg

We were concerned that the light colour may get muddy marks but after a few showers in the field I'm happy to report that muddy splashes wiped off easily leaving no trace & the fabric is sufficiently waterproof to keep the ground & items inside nice & dry.

Good ideas are the guy ropes having light reflective sections

IMG_20220422_164323296_HDR.jpg

& the instructions being sewn inside each storage bag

IMG_20220422_163829073_HDR.jpg

Finally - like that all four walls have mesh panels & can also be unzipped to be completely open with the top hoods providing a little extra shade too so very flexible in how it can be positioned & used plus just big & tall enough for the two of us (y)
Time will tell how durable it is but right now it's the only one like this which we have found & with the Fun discount think it's a fair price.
Hope that helps anyone considering this option & will add more observations when using it more.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Soooo disappointed 😞 just heard from Cinch that our Hub is delayed and won't be here for this weekend. We were looking forward to sheltered outdoor sitting, eating as well as the storage space. Ah well, a good excuse to book another trip :cool:

Jun 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
just-looking

View attachment 584098
Hi, do you still have any discount codes for the Cinch hub only, no inner? if so, please send. Many thanks, Lynne

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi, do you still have any discount codes for the Cinch hub only, no inner? if so, please send. Many thanks, Lynne
Hi Lynne & welcome :hi: - Fun discounts are for paid subscription members only - if you do pay to join then please post again or message me.

Jun 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
just-looking
Hi Lynne & welcome :hi: - Fun discounts are for paid subscription members only - if you do pay to join then please post again or message me.
Hi Wombles, thanks for your kind welcomes and the information. I have paid a years subscription by bank transfer and filled in the bank transfer form. You should have it shortly. not sure how to message directly rather than posting

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Wombles, thanks for your kind welcomes and the information. I have paid a years subscription by bank transfer and filled in the bank transfer form. You should have it shortly. not sure how to message directly rather than posting
Have sent you a PM now (y) - click on envelope on top blue bar to access this.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
UPDATE: For anyone that bought the Cinch - there has been a manufacturing error with the stitching on some of the carry bags - if this has affected you then please let me know so I can put you in touch with the best contact for a replacement.

Cherry55

Free Member
Feb 19, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Caddy Maxi Life

View attachment 584098
I’ve love the code with inner tent please.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I’ve love the code with inner tent please.
Hi & welcome! 👋 Looks like only stock of the Hub online but no inner tent - we do have a discount code that currently takes the Hub down from £245 to £208 but you do need to be a paid subscription member on here for such deals & discounts - if you do subscribe then please let me know.

Last edited:
May 12, 2023
Funster No
MH
just looking

View attachment 584098
Could I have both codes please. Thankyou so much

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back