LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Does anybody have a wiring diagram for the revering camera for a Chic C line 2018

or know how /were the cable runs, mine has been flickering for a while, I though it might be the signal line? But now its going off for long periods, pressing the blue power button brings it back for a while, sometimes half an hour sometimes a few mins. It is the same when reversing.

It is wired to be on all the time the ignition is on.

I have previously looked at the display connections and all seemed ok, I but I will cheek again tomorrow. How easy is it to get to the camera connections?

Or can anybody recommend somebody knowledgeable near Doncaster?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I traced my bad connection to the rear camera joints. Removing the high level brake light revealed the wiring and after disconnecting and cleaning the joint all was then fine. I secured the joint with some ducktape to keep it stable as I think the vibration had loosened the connection.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I traced my bad connection to the rear camera joints. Removing the high level brake light revealed the wiring and after disconnecting and cleaning the joint all was then fine. I secured the joint with some ducktape to keep it stable as I think the vibration had loosened the connection.

Thanks I'll get the ladder out then 🤞

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
update:

Ive taken off the high level brake light, but unfortunately id does not give access to the camera wiring, the hole through the body is tiny and only give room for the 2 wires to the HLBL . So Ive tried the camera this morning and it seems fine, but who knows what will happen on the road. In preparation for it to go faulty again Ive double checked the monitor end din plug and its in firm.

There is no access from the top cupboards inside, however in both side wardrobes there seems to be plastic trunking, rather than pull things to bits willy nilly Ive rung CAMPER UK and Im supposed to be getting a technical call back sometime ( I didnt buy it from them but they service it for me ). Hopefully they can point me to where the loom connects

If anybodys got and ideas please shout out

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Sorry Scout, I assumed the wiring would be the same.

me too it was a GOOD SHOUT, nothing ventured nothing gained. Its too hot to go messing about inside ATM so I'll wait and hope Camper uk will ring, about from that Premium motorhome is just up the road from me,

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
update:

I went to premium motorhomes who were very helpful, the sent me a price for a new monitor head unit, however I'm not too that's the problem, so I went back today and spoke to them again, they brought a technician out to speak to me, he thought it was unlikey to be the monitor as its too intermittent, he thinks it could be the camera or camera connection in the rear, he told me the cables run over the top of the rear cupboards. He asked me to try and find them and check the connection and photo the plug for comparison. I can feel the wire but as its very hard to know whats whats up there I ordered a little Endoscope inspection camera from amazon to help with this process.

@cira ÂŁ92 per hour at the dealers I think I'll try and sort as much as I can before handing it over, The cost of the new head unit should it be needed was reasonable.

I'll report back as and when

EDIT: since posting above, Ive had a call from the hospital, to say Im getting my long-awaited Jaw reconstruction done next week, obviously this is going to stop further investigations for ages, possibly till the new year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I've spent a couple of day searching on top of the top lockers with a scope looking for likely wiring for the camera all to no avail, so I was coming round to idea of letting the experts have a go. In doing so I took everything out of the wardrobes and lockers. We keep spare bedding in the lockers, guess what I found running along the BOTTOM pf the locker right at the back :unsure: :oops: a length of brown trunking, hiding inside was the camera connection, I unplugged and replunged and its working ok ATM, but it has been every time I checked it in the last week, so we will see.

recap for reference for others: the trunking is in the bottom of the locker (passenger side)

I can know go off to hospital knowing Im at least halfway to fixing, If it happens again, I will buy a cheap camera and fix it inside, if its still faulty at that point, #I'll know to look at the front-end wiring, The service guy at premium said hes never known a lead fault as Carthago route them very well. Happy Days:giggle:(y)

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
I've spent a couple of day searching on top of the top lockers with a scope looking for likely wiring for the camera all to no avail, so I was coming round to idea of letting the experts have a go. In doing so I took everything out of the wardrobes and lockers. We keep spare bedding in the lockers, guess what I found running along the BOTTOM pf the locker right at the back :unsure: :oops: a length of brown trunking, hiding inside was the camera connection, I unplugged and replunged and its working ok ATM, but it has been every time I checked it in the last week, so we will see.

recap for reference for others: the trunking is in the bottom of the locker (passenger side)

I can know go off to hospital knowing Im at least halfway to fixing, If it happens again, I will buy a cheap camera and fix it inside, if its still faulty at that point, #I'll know to look at the front-end wiring, The service guy at premium said hes never known a lead fault as Carthago route them very well. Happy Days:giggle:(y)
We too are at the same stage as you.
We found the connection in the rear overhead locker. I will get the monitor tested at the Lincoln show, but I think it’s unlikely to be that.
I can then test it with a cheapie before trying to locate a Dometic / Waeco “PerfectView cam 29”.
I have a feeling that trying to feed the new camera cable through the bodywork is going to be a nightmare. I’ll update in a couple of weeks.
All the very best for your upcoming surgery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back