Chic C-line 4.8 2014 squeaky noises from pull down bed (1 Viewer)

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
I had the same issue with a new Carado in 2018 then a new Hymer in 2020( both A class mohos, mechanical not electric drop down beds)
In both cases the dealer suggested packing with foam! Be careful though you don’t want to over stress the walls!
We put pillows in the front along with a duvet folded up which made it strenuous to close but solved any opportunity for it to be due to vertical movement, then foam at the sides ( off cuts from a Dunelm mattress topper which we shaped to fit the rear island bed! This stopped the lateral movement. Then one time when the foam was not in the problem miraculously cured itself! Don’t know how long for! Would like to understand if an electric drop down bed is as bad.
Like you Margaux2, we have found that some journeys are rattle and clonk free, and then another day it's like there's been a seismic shift and everything above us is knocking merrily away. We have a selection of padders and muffle rolls which some days work in one place and then need moving elsewhere on another day. Not needing a drop-down bed for just the two of us, I'd never consider buying a van with one in ever again. it has to be due to the mechanical frame required to suspend and support the bed, which I totally understand, but if the movement is such that there's always an opportunity for it to clonk about, it's a pretty poor design.

I have rubber sleeved the latching pins, wadded up bubblewrap into gaffa taped doughnut balls, used air-wedge bags, the whole shebang, but there are days when I could scream such is the irritation value of the moveable bed ...... <and breathe .....>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back