Rally Chat Chelston Wellington Possible June Meet Up - £15 for 3 nights with BBQ & entertainment! (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's not a rally or a meet & we can't make the dates but thought it might make a great value meet up for some or just a good stop off on the way to Devon & Cornwall? Although basic camping it's a bargain at £15 (so long as you can resist their shiny motorhomes :roflmto: ) & the money goes to an excellent local Hospice too. Sure it will get booked up quickly so be quick as they have just emailed this offer out:

Your Invitation to a very Special Event..
All proceeds from the show go to St Margaret's Hospice in Taunton.
SHOW HIGHLIGHTS
Friday the 2nd June to Sunday 4th June 2023
STAY OVER FOR UP TO 3 NIGHTS OR COME ALONG AS A DAY VISITOR!
Stay up to 3 nights (2-4 June) on grass pitches (no hookup) includes 2 nights of Entertainment. Pitches need to be booked in advance.
£15 per Motorhome with all proceeds going
to St Margaret's Hospice in Taunton.
Pre-book your pitch now on 01823 662075

The very best New & Used Motorhomes and Campervans will be available on Sale.
We will also have some Exclusive Demo vehicles available to view and pre-order.
Participating models will be announced on
our website in due course.
Complimentary teas & coffees available in the Marquee during the day.
There's also a Show Bar in the Marquee to buy wine, lager, ales, cider, spirits & soft drinks during the day and on each of the Show Nights.

Our complimentary BBQ will be open and available during the day for all three days of the show. Flame grilled on a traditional BBQ using fresh quality produce from our local Somerset Butchers.
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT
Friday 2nd June and Saturday 3rd June 2023
* Access to the Evening Entertainment is only available when you buy a camping ticket.
2 Nights of Great Entertainment for Campers. Pre-book your pitch now 01823 662075
Up to 3 nights stay and Entertainment for only £15!

* Unfortunately no dogs are allowed in the Marquee on Show Nights
All proceeds from the show go to St Margaret's Hospice in Taunton.
Friday Night Entertainment in the Marquee comes all the way from Wales with Robb as Tom Jones. He will be singing Tom's biggest hits such as Delilah, It's Not Unusual, She's A Lady, What's New Pussycat and many more.
You can see a sample of Robb in action here.
*Entry only available with a pre-booked pitch.

Saturday Night sees more top entertainment with Neil Diamond Tribute Michael. For the first half of the night he will be singing such classics as Sweet Caroline, Beautiful Noise, Love On The Rocks, America and many more.
You can see a sample of Michael in action here
*Entry only available with a pre-booked pitch.
For both Show Nights we have a Show Bar in the main marquee selling Wines, Lager, Ales, Cider, Soft drinks & Spirits.
The Bar is also open all weekend during the day.
*Entertainment available with a pre-booked pitch.

We bring you even more hits for the second half of Saturday Night with a high energy performance from Michael when he returns as The King of Rock and Roll.
*Entertainment available with a pre-booked pitch.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Looks good but a bit too far for us for a weekend .Good value considering the entertainment and freebies. (y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks Karen, We haven't heard a word from Chelstons.:swear:
Considering that we bought our new Carthago from them albeit 5 years ago, plus get it regularly serviced each year by them, give them glowing reviews on here, and elsewhere, I now feel a bit miffed.
Although I do know our sales guy Paul Summer has moved onto new pastures now, surprising since he was with them since virtually leaving school 30 odd years ago.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks Karen, We haven't heard a word from Chelstons.:swear:
Considering that we bought our new Carthago from them albeit 5 years ago, plus get it regularly serviced each year by them, give them glowing reviews on here, and elsewhere, I now feel a bit miffed.
Although I do know our sales guy Paul Summer has moved onto new pastures now, surprising since he was with them since virtually leaving school 30 odd years ago.
LES
Think it's just those who have subscribed to their email mailing list which I did some years ago to get notifications of such events - no priority treatment & not valued customers as we haven't even visited there yet! Keep meaning to try these events but the dates never work for us.
Hope that you & any other Funsters that may like this do get in if you want to.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I was on their e-mailing list, maybe they know that I just cant afford a new 2023 Carthago anymore:crying:
Thanks for posting though, they are/were a very good dealership, especially for aftercare service.
LES

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Companies clear their mailing lists every few years due to GDPR rules for those who don't open or click through the links so you may have automatically been removed if inactive - not personal just normal process nowadays - an organisation that we volunteer with does this regularly & we lose lots of the community that we have built up so very frustrating for all!
Full details here https://www.chelstononline.co.uk/chelstons-50th-anniversary-event & a link at the bottom to sign up to their Newsletter mailing list.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks again Karen, I have let them know about being dropped, I wont let them off lightly though, especially as I bought the entire sales & reception staff 99's ice creams last summer on a visit to their service dept. :rolleyes:
Best wishes as always.
LES

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
have just booked to go to chelston at wellington see you there 🌭🌭🍺🍺
Good to hear there are still places (y) Enjoy & let us know how it goes!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back