Cheap SIMs from Lyca

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hubby wanted a SIM for his phone so when we go abroad shortly he can still use it for some basic internet as his contract SIM doesn't allow it, he also wanted one for his tablet so that he can access P4N info & photos etc.

We've just got a couple of Lyca ones with cheap rates for 6 months (30 day Sims). One costs 5p a month with calls & texts plus 4gb of UK data and 1gb of EU data and the other 1p a month for limited calls but 3gb data in UK and 2.5gb of EU data.

There are other options too but the downside with Lyca is that you can't tether hence us getting 2 separate sims.

If you go onto HotUKdeals and search for Lyca you should find them, just scroll through as there are a few to pick from including a free 20gb one for 30 days.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Strewth, not I know why people don't like Lyca! It took over a week for Evri to deliver them and the app ... what an absolute piece of crap! It freezes all the time and even the website one is crap ... no way would I use it as a 'main' sim provider ... it does calls/texts/data okay but the interface is shockingly bad - once we've had our holiday we'll never go near them again. :oops:

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Ours wouldn’t give us data in the eu - I ended up getting an esim because we were in the sticks, & had no data! Customer services were worse than useless! Hubby has a Lyca in his phone for the UK, because it’s cheap, but I would never use them for anything in Europe again!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back