Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
We are travelling down through Spain now and are currently at Miranda de Ebro heading towards Caen.

I am amazed how the fuel prices vary. I am using the GasAll appt.

I paid 1.44 litre this morning. Repsol are quoting 1.69 litre in many garages.

Currently parked on E.Leclerc car park with all the services and cheap fuel to boot. Just need to load up with duty free now.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Our cheapest garage in Javea Diesel is €142.5 and petrol is now costing more at €147.9 😎 it's going back to the old days 😉 it's just got to come down a bit more. 😁 Bob.
So how does that work... we told (apparently) that diesel has to be 20p ish more than petrol because of the extra cost involved in its production costs and nothing to do with our greedy government... yet your petrol us dearer than diesel.
Something fishy, me thinks🤣🤣🤣

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
I normally top up when down to about half a tank.
I don’t go out our way to get diesel but do use the below site to see what’s around us when we’ve stopped overnight somewhere, have been generally paying €1.50-€1.56 ltr. Crossing back into France later this week so think it’ll be a shock to the wallet then.

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
We are travelling down through Spain now and are currently at Miranda de Ebro heading towards Caen.

Currently parked on E.Leclerc car park with all the services and cheap fuel to boot. Just need to load up with duty free now.
What's the procedure for duty free in Leclerc?

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years
We use these normally the cheapest fuel just outside Irun all the lorries fill up here it's on a industrial estate the car pumps can be tight for large motorhomes but you can fill up at the many lorry pumps they don't mind you having a break and a coffee with the lorry driver's
Screenshot_20230306_160653_Maps.jpg

Take no notice of their Google prices they are cheap or the lorry drivers wouldn't use them. I've used them for 10 years at least.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
and petrol is now costing more at €147.9 😎 it's going back to the old days 😉 it'
Yes i noticed petrol was 5 c dearer when I filled saturday.
So how does that work... we told (apparently) that diesel has to be 20p ish more than petrol because of the extra cost involved in its production costs and nothing to do with our greedy government... yet your petrol us dearer than diesel.
Something fishy, me thinks🤣🤣🤣
Diesel has always been about 2'>20c/litre cheaper than petrol here in spain as 80+% of all vehicles that have ever been sold are diesel. It only went the other way when the russian started his nonsense.
yet your petrol us dearer than diesel.
& long may it continue except as Bob says we need to get at least another 40 cents off to get it back to reasonably normal.

That is because repsol have an 'app' called "waylet" use that & the artificially high price comes down the same.
Cepsa also have one called ' Porque tu vuelve' which does the same. If used in conjunction with a spanish Carrefour card of any type there is a further discount .If you pay with a mastercard there is another discount & if you pay with a Cepsa mastercard there is another 6% ,I believe, discount
If you can manage all the above AND use a Carrefour fuel station on the last friday , saturday , sunday of the month another 15% is taken off.
( normal deduction with a carrefour card is 8% )..
You do have to remember that all these "discounts" only arrive as the price has usually been inflated first.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Yes i noticed petrol was 5 c dearer when I filled saturday.

Diesel has always been about 2'>20c/litre cheaper than petrol here in spain as 80+% of all vehicles that have ever been sold are diesel. It only went the other way when the russian started his nonsense.

& long may it continue except as Bob says we need to get at least another 40 cents off to get it back to reasonably normal.

That is because repsol have an 'app' called "waylet" use that & the artificially high price comes down the same.
Cepsa also have one called ' Porque tu vuelve' which does the same. If used in conjunction with a spanish Carrefour card of any type there is a further discount .If you pay with a mastercard there is another discount & if you pay with a Cepsa mastercard there is another 6% ,I believe, discount
If you can manage all the above AND use a Carrefour fuel station on the last friday , saturday , sunday of the month another 15% is taken off.
( normal deduction with a carrefour card is 8% )..
You do have to remember that all these "discounts" only arrive as the price has usually been inflated first.
So is there a 'best' app to use Richard as looking at the prices that people are quoting we are paying way too mucho_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So is there a 'best' app to use Richard as looking at the prices that people are quoting we are paying way too mucho_O
I'd use the one Burgo posted.
https://www.fuelflash.eu/en/?land=es&suchfeld=18690&entfernung=20&sorte=diesel

it will show you in the area you are in what is available.

Ballenoil is cheap as said & you can put in on here after clicking 'gasolineras'

https://www.ballenoil.es/gasolineras/

"buscar cerca de ti" where you are & it will show any nearby

plenoil app, as also mentioned, is worth downloading.
https://plenoil.es/en/plenoil-app/

this is another which will show you nearest location & price to where you are.
Most you should be paying for diesel is around 1,50€ at a cheap or independent station.
To use any repsol you need to download the 'waylet' app

https://waylet.es/

you just have to open the app & show it for the discount + they'll usually do it for you. You don't have to link a card as some do

For Cepsa you need the 'Porque tu vuelve' app.

https://www.cepsa.es/es/utilidades/catalogo/app-movil
same with this .down load, show for discount,use a mastercard gets added discount etc.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks gus-lopez that's great info.

Edit: just tried to download fuelflash & it's saying not available in this region. We are going to be moving around though.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Fuel Flash is what we have been using, but online. Google Play won't allow me to download the App. :(

I just allow my location to be known, choose Diesel or Autogas, and see what comes up. If a better price is available close to me, or on my route without too much of a deviation, I then note the coordinates and enter them into the Sat Nav. (y)

Unfortunately, we've not paid less than €1.58 on this 90 x day trip for Diesel, or €0.83 for Autogas, but usually more. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp

We stop at that LeClerc often. But last time, when we could get 30 cents discount it was cheaper at Repsol.

davidroxburgh

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 16, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I'd use the one Burgo posted.
https://www.fuelflash.eu/en/?land=es&suchfeld=18690&entfernung=20&sorte=diesel

it will show you in the area you are in what is available.

Ballenoil is cheap as said & you can put in on here after clicking 'gasolineras'

https://www.ballenoil.es/gasolineras/

"buscar cerca de ti" where you are & it will show any nearby

plenoil app, as also mentioned, is worth downloading.
https://plenoil.es/en/plenoil-app/

this is another which will show you nearest location & price to where you are.
Most you should be paying for diesel is around 1,50€ at a cheap or independent station.
To use any repsol you need to download the 'waylet' app

https://waylet.es/

you just have to open the app & show it for the discount + they'll usually do it for you. You don't have to link a card as some do

For Cepsa you need the 'Porque tu vuelve' app.

https://www.cepsa.es/es/utilidades/catalogo/app-movil
same with this .down load, show for discount,use a mastercard gets added discount etc.
Gus on my iPhone the Cepsa comes up as Cepsa GOW with the word utilities below. Is that the right one?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Back home in PE6 Trev, diesel is £1.50pl in some places. Cheaper than of late, but still not cheap in the correct sense of the word. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Gas all is an app that has worked well for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back