Chausson 718 Flash 2015 - help needed (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2018
Belgium
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718 Flash
Exp
Since 2015
Greetings from Belgium :giggle:

Just pick up the newer motorhome, it was sadly time to replace the 1997 Hymer.... but could do with some assistance. I'm reasonably technically minded, but I'm stuck here....

1. Gas bottles. Small location area. Was trying to take out the existing ones (13.5).... Jesus, you'd need to be Superman to lift them up in the enclosed space, never mind maneouvering the damned things out without destroying the bodywork or risking a double hernia... am I missing something ? There doesn't appear to be anything, panel wise to remove....

2. LED lights above cooker, underneath cabin cupboards, and on head high storage area not working...... fuse maybe ? Everything else works (blue floor LEDs etc..)

Thanks in advance, stay safe, stay mobile (if permitted, of course).

Cheers

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I don't have that model Chausson but do know that the gas locker on the 620 was woefully inadequate..so possibly the previous owner shoehorned larger cylinders into the locker without much thought..
I removed the locker on mine and fitted an underslung tank.. refillable cylinders may be your answer...

on my led light strip above the cooker and sink that strip has a small push button switch incorporated in the fitting..it doesn't come on with most of the led strip lights in the van..just a suggestion..
Andy

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Apr 25, 2018
Belgium
Funster No
MH
Chausson 718 Flash
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks Andy.

Tried the little switch, but doesn't do anything.

As for the gas bottles, I'm optimistically hoping they will be 'easier' to remove when empty. Poor design, but it's French.. nice women and wine though :giggle:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
In my van, not a Chaussan, the lights above the sink are touch lights. Touch the glass to switch on.
As for the gas bottles, perhaps a refillable bottle would be the answer as you would never need to remove them again. They come in various sizes according to the make or volume of gas.

Upvote 0

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
On our 66 plate 510 the calor gas bottle goes in bottom first , at 45° then just about stands up in the locker. to remove , top out first at 45°

I put a towel over the front edge for protection.
it’s very tight, mms around the vertical edges.

Upvote 0

Gixer

Free Member
Dec 16, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
2018 Chausson EB
Exp
None
I have Chausson 628 - lights above cooker and under cupboards are touch operated, long ones touch the end and round one just touch the glass. My lights above driver / passenger - there' a little switch hidden behind the curtains behind drivers seat - all lights are turned on at master panel - hope this helps

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back