Charging Scooter Battery while in MoHo Garage (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I came to start the little Yamaha Address Scooter after it has been in the MoHo garage for a year and the battery was dead, my fault I didn't even think about it. The solar panels had been keeping all the others up.
I have a small CBE - CSB2 battery manager unit available from another project so thought I could use that to keep the Scooter battery in good condition. I know it is intended for larger batteries but it limits the current to 4A when the source battery reaches 13.5V and cuts off when the source reaches 12.5V and reduces the current according to charge to 0.1A.
Firstly, any downsides anybody can see and does anybody have a link for a small waterproof elegant plug & socket I can fit to the lead and scooter.
Also has anybody worked on the Address, I have no idea where the battery is!
Thanks for any help.
Steve

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I've got these inline plugs on all my maintainers..

<Broken link removed>

You can get versions that you crimp yourself or ready crimped. I extend them with solder connection and heat shrink.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
On the Honda 110 the battery is in the nose cone, might be the same on the suzuki seeing as they all copy each other.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Suzuki Address ?

If its the suzuki, then there are only 2 screws to take off but you have to have faith when pulling down the plastic.
It definitely feels that you are going to break it
Thar opens up the battery to either connect to another one or charge, or take out to charge.
Alternatively there is a kick start but that may take some time if youre really flat which you probably are

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
If hab and scooter battery are the same chemistry you could just link them together via a fuse with no need for an extra charger.
Battery on our scooter is where your heels are, a few screws and remove a cover to expose battery, perhaps yours is similar?

Edit Not the same as our scooter then!!!

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks for the replies. Problem quickly solved by the forum as usual. Glad I asked where the battery was, I was about to take the liner under the seat out. Never thought it would be under the headlight. But then my last “bike” was a Honda 90 about 30 years ago.
Steve

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
I've got these inline plugs on all my maintainers..

<Broken link removed>

You can get versions that you crimp yourself or ready crimped. I extend them with solder connection and heat shrink.
They look good but I am wondering if a cable hanging around may be a bit untidy. I have done a search but can't find one. Have you seen a bulkhead socket to suit so I can have a lead in the MoHo garage to just plug into a socket. The main problem for most plug/sockets is that both ends will be live all the time. Thought I could put a USB socket in at the same time for the TomTom Rider.
Steve

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
They look good but I am wondering if a cable hanging around may be a bit untidy. I have done a search but can't find one. Have you seen a bulkhead socket to suit so I can have a lead in the MoHo garage to just plug into a socket. The main problem for most plug/sockets is that both ends will be live all the time. Thought I could put a USB socket in at the same time for the TomTom Rider.
Steve
No not seen bulkhead type. It just hangs down near the ignition key on ours.

I got a load of them so made a blank up for it to keep it clean when not in use.

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
No not seen bulkhead type. It just hangs down near the ignition key on ours.

I got a load of them so made a blank up for it to keep it clean when not in use.
Thanks, that seems the best plan. There are ten in pack so plenty of spares.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back