Changing Peugeot boxer front bench seat for single (2 Viewers)

AbiJ

Free Member
Jun 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi all, we’ve recently bought a Peugeot boxer 2014 L3H2 which was previously an ambulance/patient transport. When we got it it had no passenger seat only a wheelchair storage cage which we’ve replaced with a front bench seat, but due to it being a fixed seat with no recline and also because we want to be able to walk through to the back we want to change it for a single passenger or even a swivel seat. The problem is they seem to be like gold dust, have been searching high and low and can’t find anything reasonably priced. There are plenty of swivel captains seats for other vehicles at much lower prices, but is it safe to install a seat not intended for our vehicle? Also the bench seat doesn’t seem to come off it’s base so looks like we would have to buy a base as well. I would love to hear from anyone here who has had this problem with their Boxer and solved it, and also if anyone knows of somewhere other than eBay to find seats at a good price?

Suvvi

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
East Lothian
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer conversion
Exp
Caravan's and tents to date..
I was quite lucky with my Boxer in that my in laws in Poland sourced one and I had my parents bring the seat back in their motorhome after a family wedding. £100 and some beers for the hassle. I feel your pain in trying to source one in the UK!

OP
OP
A

AbiJ

Free Member
Jun 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
I was quite lucky with my Boxer in that my in laws in Poland sourced one and I had my parents bring the seat back in their motorhome after a family wedding. £100 and some beers for the hassle. I feel your pain in trying to source one in the UK!
Ah that was lucky! I’m getting sick of looking for one now, if I’d known I would‘ve bought a van with seat already in it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Suvvi

Free Member
Sep 14, 2018
East Lothian
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer conversion
Exp
Caravan's and tents to date..
You may be able to access ebay equivalents in other countries for example allegro.pl is a Polish one then arrange shipping. It's still likely to be half the price of the UK.

Looking for vans with two single seats would restrict too much and there would be other compromises.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I purchased one from ebay - £300 including swivel - it was still in the original plastic wrapping

2 bolts and a connector was all it took to change from the double to the single - but as it's awkward to carry the seats, I suggest you have someone to assist

The suppler purchases unused seats from motorhome converters and sells them on

OP
OP
A

AbiJ

Free Member
Jun 3, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I’m a newbie
I purchased one from ebay - £300 including swivel - it was still in the original plastic wrapping

2 bolts and a connector was all it took to change from the double to the single - but as it's awkward to carry the seats, I suggest you have someone to assist

The suppler purchases unused seats from motorhome converters and sells them on

That’s a great deal, can you remember who the seller was? I’ve looked and looked and can’t find anything like that on eBay

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It’s a straight swop using the same bolt holes but when you do find a single seat you may have to remove the seat belt stork from the double over to the single one. Try Cabmasters for a seat.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
the fixings are the same both sides so you can use a drivers base and mount a seat on that

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I’m late to this as I’ve just joined. We’ve just swapped the double passenger seat for a single seat in our 2018 boxer. We used a drivers seat and base as it was much cheaper to buy a drivers seat than a single passenger seat as Mitzimad suggested. It was an easy swap, we fitted a swivel (RIB) at the same time. It’s made a massive difference being able to walk through and the seat is so much more comfortable too.

Ashi

Free Member
Dec 9, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2010
I’m late to this as I’ve just joined. We’ve just swapped the double passenger seat for a single seat in our 2018 boxer. We used a drivers seat and base as it was much cheaper to buy a drivers seat than a single passenger seat as Mitzimad suggested. It was an easy swap, we fitted a swivel (RIB) at the same time. It’s made a massive difference being able to walk through and the seat is so much more comfortable too.
Just wondering about this as I'm going through it now. I can see that the bases would be the same but as I'm looking at my double seat, the seat belt attachment points are welded on to the frame(same with the drivers) and I don't see how they could be swapped using oem parts. Can you describe how you did that please?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Do you really want a single swivel seat. I have fitted a swivel to my double seat which means I can have 2 passengers and it does swivel. You should be able to find a double seat cheap and the swivel is from www.customshopdesigns.com

if you watch the video on how they work they used my van for the vid. 👏👏👏👏

Ashi

Free Member
Dec 9, 2020
Dorset
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Do you really want a single swivel seat. I have fitted a swivel to my double seat which means I can have 2 passengers and it does swivel. You should be able to find a double seat cheap and the swivel is from www.customshopdesigns.com

if you watch the video on how they work they used my van for the vid. 👏👏👏👏
I don't want a swivel. I just want to get rid of the double seat and replace it with a single.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Just wondering about this as I'm going through it now. I can see that the bases would be the same but as I'm looking at my double seat, the seat belt attachment points are welded on to the frame(same with the drivers) and I don't see how they could be swapped using oem parts. Can you describe how you did that please?
we used the nearest threaded hole on the opposite side of the drivers seat base and snaked the seat belt post from the original double seat through the plastic trim of the seat to position the seat belt buckle in the correct position.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
I don't want a swivel. I just want to get rid of the double seat and replace it with a single.
Did you ever find seat?
I will be selling a seat that is virtually brand new, it was supplied by Vanbitz, (who couldn't have been more helpful and customer friendly) in early Jan 2020 but now I've fitted it (on the drivers side) I have realised that because the seat back swab is thicker ( and miles better ) than the Boxer Van seat it doesn't recline far enough for me because of the rear cupboard behind it (I am v tall) It has two armrests and the seat belt buckle is fitted on the left side, I have no idea if that can be placed on the other side . I have the original frame available as well but its from a 2017 Boxer. (I have purchased lowered frames for both seats and its kind of solved the issue with the original seat).
I'll post some photos , nice bit of kit (cost me £400) but with the seat, frame, buckle and armrests I will be advertising at £200.
It is three way adjustable , it doesn't have a lumbar support.
The seat has an adaptor base fitted for the Boxer , simple 6 torx nuts to fit to base . It would need to be buyer collects (its blinking heavy) or buyer arrange courier. If you are still looking feel free to ask any questions or make contact. Uzsnowdrop

oB4l3GbJSlWMa1s34fJN1g.jpg tMpq%hPDRqiUpVMYJ+GCyA.jpg hfFjPvxRSbmN7nrG32DwKQ.jpg KjdvN1xPR32qNIfcCFBRAA.jpg xcDrEggVTwCWA7+8RN6RqA.jpg BM9Kkq1cSqeDJbvCzetguA.jpg

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Oh forgot to say it doesn't have the swivel fitted, they are available from Vanbitz.
(Just for info, I have fitted a rear facing seatbelt buckle onto the other side of the new lowered passenger seat frame for a clip in dog restraint lead,(Photo 2) I bought it off e bay for about 12 quid and it looks brand new so it should be easy to find one.

7u4bnQrIQLi5GfhBjR1aaQ.jpg clpyPvJ7TzGZ6B6xPRIMMg.jpg

Oct 11, 2019
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Converting a Van
Exp
I'm a Total Newbie!
Any seat will do so long as it's bolted down good and strong.

I was crying laughing at the cost of a single seat. About £500. I'd rather go on holiday, thanks! The cheapest was £120, for which you go no fabric cover, and ripped and heavily soiled foam.

So I did the only sensible thing...

I took and angle grinder to the double bench seat.

Mum has always said that if Dad and I started an odd jobs business we should call it Dodgeit and Scarper. ?

Took the angle grinder to the double bench seat today. This is the result. Hardest bit for me was the sewing! I’m not good at that!!

Not bad for nothing and saved myself a lot of £££?

View attachment 379306

7a692afd-1795-4109-8295-c78370f1cd29-jpeg.379306

Mar 3, 2019
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Boxer PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Hi all, we’ve recently bought a Peugeot boxer 2014 L3H2 which was previously an ambulance/patient transport. When we got it it had no passenger seat only a wheelchair storage cage which we’ve replaced with a front bench seat, but due to it being a fixed seat with no recline and also because we want to be able to walk through to the back we want to change it for a single passenger or even a swivel seat. The problem is they seem to be like gold dust, have been searching high and low and can’t find anything reasonably priced. There are plenty of swivel captains seats for other vehicles at much lower prices, but is it safe to install a seat not intended for our vehicle? Also the bench seat doesn’t seem to come off it’s base so looks like we would have to buy a base as well. I would love to hear from anyone here who has had this problem with their Boxer and solved it, and also if anyone knows of somewhere other than eBay to find seats at a good price?
Hi Abi, I did exactly the same to a 2014 Peugeot boxer in 2016.
I bought two swivels from Magnum Motorhomes (very helpful bunch) and a single seat from eBay (a seller in Manchester converting vans)
The fixings for a single seat is exactly the same as the double.
Sorry I can't give you more details of cost etc but it may give you a direction to look in.
Good luck
Steve G

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Hi Abi
Just done the same, speak to Carl at vanbitz avanture they do a bespoke seat and base , fabulous customer service..

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Have you considerd a drivers seat
On the passenger side
seat belt allowing of course

:wink: :unsure:

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
my self build i used two ford galaxie seats which have the swivels built in
That's useful MK1 or MK2??

Cheers James

Oct 18, 2021
Saltaire
Funster No
MH
PeugeotBoxerPioneerV
Anyone know if VW T4/T5 (180 base) will fit in a 2002 Boxer Pioneer?
There's a guy selling what were rear swivel seats (single and double, with integral belts) in a VW that I fancy for front in my Boxer

Oct 18, 2021
Saltaire
Funster No
MH
PeugeotBoxerPioneerV
There's a guy selling what were rear swivel seats (single and double, with integral belts) in a VW that I fancy for front in my Boxer

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Don’t think so, but if you are interested in buying a double passenger seat with swivel out of a Citreon then I will be selling mine as soon as a single seat arrives, wife struggles to manage the double.
Take a look at www.customshopdesigns.com for photos of my my van with seat installed.

Oct 18, 2021
Saltaire
Funster No
MH
PeugeotBoxerPioneerV
Don’t think so, but if you are interested in buying a double passenger seat with swivel out of a Citreon then I will be selling mine as soon as a single seat arrives, wife struggles to manage the double.
Take a look at www.customshopdesigns.com for photos of my my van with seat installed.
Thanks. I may well be if it fits!
That site has many many pages and can't see a Citreon - do you have a direct link or an image?

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
For some reason my iPad will not copy and paste the link, but go to products, Ducato/relay swivel seat page and then look at the photos underneath, mine is the light coloured board showing photos with the swivel in different positions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back