Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Never used to be possible, is it possible now?
(Same for house and car insurance)

Not particularly unhappy at present, but feel like having a day of checking costs and benefits, including insurance, power, banks, credit cards etc.

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Never used to be possible, is it possible now?
(Same for house and car insurance)

Not particularly unhappy at present, but feel like having a day of checking costs and benefits, including insurance, power, banks, credit cards etc.
Had to change mine a few years ago because they hiked the price up when I moved house, just round the corner cost me a bloody fortune

OP
OP
Candapack

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Had to change mine a few years ago because they hiked the price up when I moved house, just round the corner cost me a bloody fortune
I think there always were particular circumstances, such as moving house or changing car, where you could cancel the policy covering one thing and start a new one covering the other.
But thanks anyway. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I was with Saga and had a Tracker fitted. I phoned them to say what had been done and they put up our premium because we had modified the vehicle. I was so angry I cancelled my policy with them immediately and although I had to pay some charges, I was actually better off and got the same cover for less.
Lose some, win some.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think most insurers will make a charge for early cancellation of a policy.
Much better to shop around on renewal.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I looked at changing my policy when charges for Green Cards were introduced. The further into the term you are the less you get back pro-rata. In my case it wasn't worth it.

Will be doing a proper analysis on renewal next year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
typical insurance company rip of i went from a saab convetible to a nissan note when i called to swap it over they told me the company i was with wouldnt insure the note and as i had told then i no longer had the car they cancelled my 9 month old policy with no refund and i didnt get no claims bonus for that year as i hadnt completed a year wait untill renewal is due

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
typical insurance company rip of i went from a saab convetible to a nissan note when i called to swap it over they told me the company i was with wouldnt insure the note and as i had told then i no longer had the car they cancelled my 9 month old policy with no refund and i didnt get no claims bonus for that year as i hadnt completed a year wait untill renewal is due
sorry witch company was that so i can look, thank you,pj

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back