cineve

Free Member
May 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this ...
We have an Esterel TS29 (2000) and want to change from UK to Spanish plates. Apparently we need a C.O.C from the manufacturers (or pay a huge amount for a Spanish engineer to certify!). We have the 'E' number (on plate in engine) but no actual paperwork and the V5 says 'exempt' where there should be the number. There seems to be loads of online companies selling C.o.C docs but we have no idea about any of this.
Seeking guidance!

Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Try contacting info@spanish-number-plates,com

I have a quote for putting my Hymer on Spanish plates, which includes providing a CoC if required. If CoC isn't required the fee reduces by €100

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Legally, under EU regulations, they cannot ask for anything as a vehicle that has been registered in any other EU country is regarded as having had to comply in that country & therefore the paperwork was done at that time.

just a money making exercise & quite possible there wasn't a CoC at that time.
All we ever did was attend the itv station with vehicle & logbook/mot.poke under the counter & state we wished to put on to spanish plated ,pay the 200+€ fee & they would go over it & assuming all complied mechanically they would issue the ficha tecníca without a registration number on it.
Then you had to go & road tax it , attend Trafico a do paperwork there round to hacienda & pay tax ,back to trafico wher you'd recieve the ficha tecnica back complete registration number & the 'permiso'-
Some times we'd do the first part at the itv station then pass it all on to a gectoria as they can do a lot of the payments online.
Back to the OP & I've never had to have a CoC for anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Pretty sure it was around 2003.I have registered several vehicles in France and Portugal and that seems to be around the starting time.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Can anyone please tell me when the CofC system was started. I am fairly sure it did not exist when our 2003 MH was built.

Geoff
It was actually 1992 but became absolutely mandatory for cars in 1996. As to motorhomes , no idea. I believe light goods ,N1 category didn't start until 2010?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can anyone please tell me when the CofC system was started. I am fairly sure it did not exist when our 2003 MH was built.

Geoff
Hi Geoff

Our Flair didn't have one when built 2005.

Martin

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hello, how are you getting on ?? I'm also putting my Esterel21 (2006) on to Spanish plates and have been asked for a CoC. Pretty sure Lenny is right re manufacturer also heard what gus-lopez is saying it's not needed as they will check emissions anyway.
Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back