Certificate of Conformity France (1 Viewer)

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
Morning. I am exporting a 1996 A class B694 Tag axle Hymer. The data on the V5 is at best limited. Can anyone pass on their experience of obtaining a certified copy of a certificate of conformity for the vehicle. Under French regulations, I can't move forward without one. Direct to Hymer in Germany or is this a UK dealer issue? Appreciate any advice and guidance on this. Thank you.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Whatever chassis it is built on Merc or Fiat are the only chance you have. You may find records do not go back that far.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Whatever chassis it is built on Merc or Fiat are the only chance you have. You may find records do not go back that far.

I agree with gus-lopez about there probably not being one issued in 1996.

The CofC must cover the completed vehicle, so needs to be issued by the converter, i.e. Hymer, but should be a 'Total' CofC including the base vehicle which can be done.

In your case I should ask the authorities what to do in the case of vehicle of that age. From information from others importing to France on my thread about CofC,, in the abscence of a CofC, they may require the individual vehicle to be inspected, which they inform me could be an expensive excercise. Hymer may be able to help out with that situation by issuing a letter 'of comfort' to certify that the MH was built to the CofC standards, but probably will charge for it. That might be acceptable.

There has apparently been case law in the ECJ(but I could not find it) stating that if a vehicle has been registered previously in an EU state then the CofC requirements are deemed to have been met, but from others experience of French authorities it probably would not stop them taking their own course on the matter.

Geoff

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Prior to an EU directive in 2007 a motorhome converter / manufacturer could not issue a Certificate of Conformity for their complete vehicle, there would be separate certificates for the base vehicle (Fiat, Mercedes Renault etc.) one for the chassis extension if one used i.e. Alko and then one for the actual converter i.e.Hymer etc.
After the 2007 date for which the application date was 2009 it was possible for the converter to issue a single whole vehicle type approval.
Some extra information here https://www.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/vehicletype/motor-caravans.asp

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have 2 COC for our new to us van a Fiat and a Laika, not checked the Laika one but it may well have the Fiat bit on it too.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Not a massive problem you can opt for a Titre Isole, check out your local DREAL.

Plenty of info here https://www.eurococ.eu/fr/blog/comment-proceder-a-la-reception-a-titre-isole-de-mon-vehicule

Be wary of the companies offering to do it for you, you can do it yourself, not that difficult but a bit daunting.
We did a Hobby 750 1999 with DRIRE or DREAL as it is now . And got there in the end . As said daunting but not impossible . We got the two CoC from Fiat Paris and Hobby concessionaire near Strasbourg because they want it in French

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Not a massive problem you can opt for a Titre Isole, check out your local DREAL.

Plenty of info here https://www.eurococ.eu/fr/blog/comment-proceder-a-la-reception-a-titre-isole-de-mon-vehicule

Be wary of the companies offering to do it for you, you can do it yourself, not that difficult but a bit daunting.
Heu.... Pardon mais non! Pas si facile! In your language...certainly not that easy. Having been through the whole process for my 1991 hymer, Hymerbrittany : I can tell you...be prepared for a long long job and quite a few bobs! And it's a frog saying so! šŸ˜Ž

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
An English CoC is identical to a French CoC. Both are legally accepted anywhere in the EU.
So either will do.
Phil
Morning. I am exporting a 1996 A class B694 Tag axle Hymer. The data on the V5 is at best limited. Can anyone pass on their experience of obtaining a certified copy of a certificate of conformity for the vehicle. Under French regulations, I can't move forward without one. Direct to Hymer in Germany or is this a UK dealer issue? Appreciate any advice and guidance on this. Thank you.

OP
OP
Hymerbrittany

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
Heu.... Pardon mais non! Pas si facile! In your language...certainly not that easy. Having been through the whole process for my 1991 hymer, Hymerbrittany : I can tell you...be prepared for a long long job and quite a few bobs! And it's a frog saying so! šŸ˜Ž
Bah oui monsieur, je suis sur le metriculation est dur et cher. J'habite ici maintenant depuis 2002 et j'aime les administrations franƧaises šŸ˜·. J'aime beaucoup les personnes qui crĆ©e les rĆØgles de les voitures pour les Ć©trangers. Merci pour votre rĆ©ponse et bonne journĆ©e Ć  vous.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
An English CoC is identical to a French CoC. Both are legally accepted anywhere in the EU.
So either will do.
Phil
Wouldnā€™t accept any but in french when we registered ours but that was at least 15 years ago ! Might be different now.

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
Unless you have dealt with French bureaucracy it's easy to think if the rules say one thing then it WILL be accepted.
However when trying to achieve immatriculation of a vehicle, if you don't comply with the requirements of the official dealing with your case it won't happen.
The most recent motorhome I imported (my third) from Germany September last year had all of the required documentation, it eventually took 4 months considerable tooing and froing electronically with the ANTS web site and two trips to the DREAL to find out they would only accept an attestation in French, the one I submitted was in German.
Frustrating definitely.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Am in the process of contacting hymer for advice and information. Thank you
I was sent to a guy who does conversions to check over the van and complete the paperwork and as DRIRE dealt with him all the time for his conversions they trust his paperwork . With the 2 CoC and his paperwork we sailed through but wasnā€™t cheap ! Frankie used him too but not even sure if he is still working but if you can do yourself you certainly will save a bit of money !

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It does seem you guys re-registering in France draw the short straw.

if you can afford it would seem that employing a professional is wothwhile.

We are thinking of doing that even for the simpler system in Poland(have been quoted Ā£25) as the cost is worth it in not queuing for an hour. But I imagine in France it would be much more.

Geoff

OP
OP
Hymerbrittany

Hymerbrittany

Free Member
Aug 23, 2020
France
Funster No
MH
A class b694
Exp
I was sent to a guy who does conversions to check over the van and complete the paperwork and as DRIRE dealt with him all the time for his conversions they trust his paperwork . With the 2 CoC and his paperwork we sailed through but wasnā€™t cheap ! Frankie used him too but not even sure if he is still working but if you can do yourself you certainly will save a bit of money !
Who and where is this guy? Be interested to at least know that. Interesting comment though. šŸ¤”

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
It does seem you guys re-registering in France draw the short straw.

if you can afford it would seem that employing a professional is wothwhile.

We are thinking of doing that even for the simpler system in Poland(have been quoted Ā£25) as the cost is worth it in not queuing for an hour. But I imagine in France it would be much more.

Geoff

Ā£25? - in my dreams!šŸ˜

I re-registered my 2009 Ducato Autotrail Cheyenne (4005kg) here last year. It took about 7 months from start to finish.
Costs:
Pair of as-new continental dip headlamps ( purchased from Funster who had imported his MH) Ā£100 - bargain!
Controle Technique (valid 2 years) ā‚¬94
Partial C of C for cab from Fiat France ā‚¬220
Additional docs from Fiat France confirming UK spec heavy chassis classification to that matching
chassis already approved in France ā‚¬150
Gas installation inspection by Qualigaz ā‚¬444
Replacement pigtail for gas cylinder (UK pigtails have start date on pipe, French have end date on pipe...ā˜¹) ā‚¬10
DREAL inspection ā‚¬86.90
The best bit - Carte Grise, one-off payment (no annual VED here) ā‚¬94.76
Total ā‚¬1099.66 (ex headlamps).

Was it worth it? Yes, I think I'd have lost a lot more selling it in UK and purchasing another here, particularly as the Cheyenne spec and layout suit me and I'd struggle to match it, coupled with the overall higher prices for MHs here.

Would I do it again? Err.....šŸ¤”

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Who and where is this guy? Be interested to at least know that. Interesting comment though. šŸ¤”
Sorry sold our van and paperwork went with it but I am sure Frankie ( yodeli ) will still have her paperwork . He was north from us towards MontluƧon. But canā€™t remember his details but I am sure Frankie will be along to let you know :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back