Central locking (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I have a 2018 Hymer B 574 DL and, unfortunately, it doesn’t have central locking. It has a ‘lock/unlock’ key fob and the indicators flash when you ‘lock’ it and the interior light comes on when you ‘unlock’ it.
Does anybody know if it is possible/practical to retro fit central locking?
There doesn’t seem to be any wiring inside the door and no ’loom loop’ going across the hinge side
18B706F0-4335-4EEC-B83F-1012122D76CF.jpeg

TIA
John.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was reading last week a report of someone fitting it to his MORELO in Germany, it was a German kit and looked very good, will try to find it again.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Baycott

Text copied from the German forum, if you go to the web site it looks a good system, C, M Carth is short for Concorde MORELO and Carthago. I think it depends on what locks you have but the guy did a cracking job on his MORELO including feeding the cable through the foam insulation in the locker doors. I read in Google Chrome as you can set it to translate to English.

So I had planned to equip the storage flaps with a central locking system, retrofittable is cheap and usable from RV-Tech for C, M, Carth, and the like to retrofit.

Before I ordered the things, however, I thought about how I would lay the cables inside, or where I would pull them through.

Drilling the underbody was not an alternative for me, I should have left it the same.

So I - as a former electrician - quite the old way with 10mm copper wire, long flexible plastic strips, etc. Tools "threaded" until I was through everywhere and immediately pulled in a pull wire where I later wanted to pull the cables and corrugated pipes. It took about 4-5 hours.

Then I ordered things from RV-Tech and corrugated pipe, unslotted; 10 and 13mm outer diameter and clamps for it at voelkner.

The price all in all about 600 euros for 7 locks.

When the things were there I started installing last week, actually after the pull wires were in there was no problem. Except for the flaps where I didn't want to lay a cable or pipe on it, but pierce through the foam with welding wire and then metal strips at an angle and pull the cable through.

That was easier thought than done. The foam, so the flap insulation is so firm that an aluminum sheet strip did not work but only a pointed stainless steel strip made of 3mm VA sheet and approx. 5mm wide and approx. 60cm long. for cm pressed through with locking pliers, at the back of the sheet a hole through which the thin cables were pulled. The plug was previously cut off, also to bring the whole thing through the corrugated pipes, and later when the cable on the lock was soldered back on. To pull the cable through the thin, unslotted corrugated pipe, I used a cable feed tape.

Last but not least, I connected the "control center" to the garage flap switch by means of a relay because I didn't want to install another switch, so all flaps are always

Open or close the rear garage.

I'm happy now that everything works so well and at a fair price. Everything about 12 hours of work. Here are a few photos.

Greetings Thomas

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A Morelo, and no central locking, disgraceful.
Just imagine having to actually get you keys out and use a lock :rofl: :rofl::rofl:
Its an option like a lot of things €2,490 if you want it, as standard you do get the keypad door entry with solenoid locking and a locking system on the garage doors so no handles, this can be disabled from inside the van so the doors can't be opened even when the van is open, its only the flaps that are not part of a system.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back