Cassette toilet leak (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Following an earlier thread on flap open or flap closed we changed to flap open. Unfortunately a small leak on floor around the foot of the bowl alerted us to a problem. Removed cassette and found the floor of the unit was awash! 🙁 I am assuming flap was not fully open and this allowed fluid from the bowl to leak around the junction of the bowl and cassette. Reverted to flap closed and not had any problems since. Hopefully that was the issue and there is not a problem with the cassette flap seal.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I had a leak in the toilet in our motorhome which I couldn't find, so I removed the complete toilet to investigate, but couldn't find anything as I had nothing to go on ...

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Following an earlier thread on flap open or flap closed we changed to flap open. Unfortunately a small leak on floor around the foot of the bowl alerted us to a problem. Removed cassette and found the floor of the unit was awash! 🙁 I am assuming flap was not fully open and this allowed fluid from the bowl to leak around the junction of the bowl and cassette. Reverted to flap closed and not had any problems since. Hopefully that was the issue and there is not a problem with the cassette flap seal.

If you remove the cassette from its home position whilst the flap is closed, but with water still sat in the bowl, then that water literally sploshes down into the compartment as soon as you start to extract the cassette. Are you sure that is not the case with your water sloshing around in the compartment?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I've had a leak in the cassette since we bought Brunhilde; well, apart from a couple of days when there was a toilet on site ...

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
there Is a long-standing problem with some that the cassette needs lifting slightly as it does not make a good seal try placing a slither of thin board under the cassette before pushing it into the cabinet it does not need to be very thick 5/6mm😊

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Can it be a leak from the flush reservoir?
Either from a loose bung or damage.

You’d need the separate flush and it be in the same area as the cassette.

edit: how similar is your toilet system to the one in this thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mapman
Oct 24, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Caracompact 600 MEG
Exp
5 years
Can it be a leak from the flush reservoir?
Either from a loose bung or damage.

You’d need the separate flush and it be in the same area as the cassette.

edit: how similar is your toilet system to the one in this thread.
No separate flush reservoir it flushes from main water tank. But the end result was similar to that picture (but not pink ....)
there Is a long-standing problem with some that the cassette needs lifting slightly as it does not make a good seal try placing a slither of thin board under the cassette before pushing it into the cabinet it does not need to be very thick 5/6mm😊
Yes, thanks . I did wonder if the casette had not been fully/correctly inserted... and that the change to flap open was just a coincidence?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back