Sep 23, 2020
Yapton, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic 4.8
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Ladies and Gents.
A few months ago we eventually collected our new Carthago chic C Line T. I wanted to install the solar myself, as I have done our first MH and a friends for him.
As you know it is pre wired for Solar , I had studied the forum of what to look for. Most threads appeared to be related to A class MH with pre smart alternator.
They installed the roof gland for me , I traced solar cable to the cupboard above the drivers head, in the GRP mask, also found solar controller wires for hab batteries.
Firstly that cupboard gets very warm in summer, so took our new MH to pieces to take the solar wires down to the cupboard near the batteries, then drew the controller wires down as well.
I then tried to trace the controller/battery wires assuming they would be coiled near the batteries.
No they did not,took the step out an traced them going heading back to the electrical panel, via boiler area under the fridge.
No power so they must be not connected.
So I installed my Victron controller and wired direct to the hab batteries ,easier and les voltage drop.
I have now decided to take a ground based panel that can be moved around and kept away from shaded areas near trees etc.
I planned to use the factory wires since they were there with another mppt controller with the 175watt panel but can not for the life of me find the battery end of the wire.
The only place I did not look is behind some metal panels in the underfloor below the bathroom and next to the truma boiler.
Just thought someone on here will say ah yes its HERE.. I could of course direct wire it like the roof panels .
Thanks for reading.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back