Carthago Mirror Suckers Where to Buy (1 Viewer)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I purchased the suction cups at Carthago City HQ quite a few years ago when you could buy spare parts over the counter. However, they no longer provide this service.

I don't know whether Carthago still stock these parts as the later mirrors are a different design and don't require the suckers.

I've now run out of the Carthago suckers and now buy from "suction cups direct" 47mm dia with brass nut. I use these in conjuction with a small aluminium offset bracket. The brass nut needs to be secured with thread-lock otherwise the vibration will loosen it.

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I purchased the suction cups at Carthago City HQ quite a few years ago when you could buy spare parts over the counter. However, they no longer provide this service.

I don't know whether Carthago still stock these parts as the later mirrors are a different design and don't require the suckers.

I've now run out of the Carthago suckers and now buy from "suction cups direct" 47mm dia with brass nut. I use these in conjuction with a small aluminium offset bracket. The brass nut needs to be secured with thread-lock otherwise the vibration will loosen it.

Thanks.

Is the bracket to stop them pulling through ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks.

Is the bracket to stop them pulling through ?

Dont really understand your question. The original Carthago suckers are connected to the mirror with a 15mm long aluminium spacer tube, as you will be aware. Unfortunately, the female screw thread on the end of the spacer tube doesn't match the male thread pitch on the substitute suction cup.

That's why I chose to replace the spacer tube with an aluminium bracket formed in the shape of a Z (with the middle part of the Z being vertical). It also meant I could bend one end of the Z to match the inclined angle of the mirror housing. The Z section connects to the mirror housing with a M6 bolt.

I need to make some minor adjustments to the mirror connection so could take some pics if that would help.

Vandaemon

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Carthago C line 4.2f
Exp
27 years
Anyone know how to adjust the top pivot mech to increase the spacing from the window ?

I've looked inside the rubber boot at the top and loosened the nuts but it doesn't seem to want to move further away before the spring brings it back.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Anyone know how to adjust the top pivot mech to increase the spacing from the window ?

I've looked inside the rubber boot at the top and loosened the nuts but it doesn't seem to want to move further away before the spring brings it back.

Once you've losened the top & bottom nuts there is a set-screw either side which controls the travel of the arm. I found out by trial and error. It would be good to have some definitive instructions on the adjustment process and the torque settings of the top & bottom nuts.

The manufacturer of the bus wing mirrors is Mekra, the UK distributor is located in Worthing, West Sussex, Tel 01903 206 106 or email info@mekra.co.uk or website https://www.mekra.co.uk/recreational/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vandaemon

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Carthago C line 4.2f
Exp
27 years
Once you've losened the top & bottom nuts there is a set-screw either side which controls the travel of the arm. I found out by trial and error. It would be good to have some definitive instructions on the adjustment process and the torque settings of the top & bottom nuts.

The manufacturer of the bus wing mirrors is Mekra, the UK distributor is located in Worthing, West Sussex, Tel 01903 206 106 or email info@mekra.co.uk or website https://www.mekra.co.uk/recreational/
Thanks I'll have a closer look.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back