Carthago garage doors (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Does anyone know why carthago put side opening garage doors on some models and vertically opening ones on other models

I have a new c line chic and wonder which I would go for if it was an option at build.

I like the side opening as it suits my driveway at home but I also like the idea of opening vertically especially on windy days as the struts,on my doors are far too weak and will blow open or closed in the slightest of winds so have to be carefully

I have just contacted a company who deal in gas struts to see if I can get some stronger ones as I changed 2 on a locker on my boat and this company sorted them for me they were adjustable using a small alan key

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Think the top opening doors are fitted on e-line’s not the c-line range.

Top opening will be useless if you use aires in France. The locals will park so close you’re never get them open. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Richard.

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes the upwards opening doors seem to be fitted on e line and above but what do people prefer

I'm glad mine has side opening as I can still get into the near side one on my drive just enough to reach something but a vertical one would be no good for me at home but I would prefer it when on site I think as they are out the way when open

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My Le Voyageur has top hinged doors. I prefer them because they're completely out of the way when open (and keep any rain off). They are occasionally inconvenient when I forget & park close to a tree or my trailer but as it's a through garage it's only a minor inconvenience.

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
I prefer side opening doors
Especially in tight spaces

Same here. Just have to be more aware which way the wind is blowing. But more convenient when parked up in close proximity to adjacent MH's.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Bigger door is more likely to catch the wind if hinged vertically.
Horizontal hinges provide shelter when in use but stick into the road more.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back