Carthago coffee machine issue (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
The coffee machine on my new Carthago keeps dropping down whilst driving along the gas struts are not strong enough the machine is empty and un used. At hand over the chap said they had issues with most of them and that they fit a small chrome clasp to stop it dropping down which just locks it in place.

This was said by Southdowns and I just wondered if any other Carthago owners have this issue and have you solved it and if so how.

If any Southdown customers have had the clasp fitted could you please post a picture so I can see what its like. I was thinking of fitting the one in the picture I have found below as its the smallest one I can find.

chrome clasp.JPG

chrome clasp 2.jpg

Last edited:

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I saw this idea on another site. It might work for you. You can stick them I think. This person has used them on all his cupboards and draws instead of an electric locking system that keeps failing.
Amazon product ASIN B073C54BCM

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have always had the same problem but only in the UK. Pot holes, potholes, potholes!!!

Get yourself across to France where those nice smooth roads will cure the problem. (y):D

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I saw this idea on another site. It might work for you. You can stick them I think. This person has used them on all his cupboards and draws instead of an electric locking system that keeps failing.
Amazon product ASIN B073C54BCM
Yes I like your clasp idea, simple & effective solution.
Cant help but think though that the coffee machine is just another Carthago assumption, that we only ever stay on sites and use EHU hookups.:eek: So I would have to install an inverter, as well as your clasp to get to use the coffee machine.
Les

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes I like your clasp idea, simple & effective solution.
Cant help but think though that the coffee machine is just another Carthago assumption, that we only ever stay on sites and use EHU hookups.:eek: So I would have to install an inverter, as well as your clasp to get to use the coffee machine.
Les

Mine came with factory fit inverter so coffee machine and all 240v sockets work off grid (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had the same problem with ours and fitted a sash window catch like you show
Worked a treat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Our Hymer has a drop down unit for a coffee machine which has a push button catch - works really well.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We just pull ours down before we travel and then it can’t fall down lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun