Caravan Towing Tests Abolished (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bet those who started up a business teaching people are well impressed

Monday , plenty of bookings , Friday none

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I bet those who started up a business teaching people are well impressed

Monday , plenty of bookings , Friday none
I bet the ones who were going to have to pay many hundreds of pounds to get the licence their parents got free are chuffed though. Swings, roundabouts springs to mind.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bet the ones who were going to have to pay many hundreds of pounds to get the licence their parents got free are chuffed though. Swings, roundabouts springs to mind.
Probably a good thing they waited until the kids went back to school , I'm not sure the M5 could take the carnage

Lorryman100

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2015
UK/Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
27/11/2015
May be a few accidents down the road. Not sure abolishing the B+E test is a good idea though, says me a once upon a time 17 year old with a class 1 in the Army, a long long long long time ago lol. OK maybe a long long too many.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Probably a good thing they waited until the kids went back to school , I'm not sure the M5 could take the carnage
Why would there be any more carnage than previously? The current younger drivers have had to pass a far more stringent test than most on here, they then, on passing said test received a licence more restricted than their elders.
Most caravan incidents (I hesitate to use the term accident) seem to involve older drivers. The younger more stringently tested drivers should at least have a chance to prove themselves. They can’t be any worse.

James-Alex

Free Member
Oct 3, 2020
Bath. Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail excel 640G
Yippeeeee I failed mine twice… once I disputed and didn’t get anywhere and was told to leave it as the same examiner would do next test and it wouldn’t be overturned in a dispute.I shouldn’t have been failed. Second time I parked my trailer up and booked in for test, did the eyeball test and was asked to proceed to vehicle. Asked to reverse onto trailer like I hadn’t seen it before. As I parked it up I knew the handbrake was on but I forgot to check it before I reversed on and was told id failed… 😂 work paid for it so no issue and still had my job😂 don’t ever take a test in Swindon… bloody magic roundabout isn’t fair 😂

Wilberforceftw

Free Member
Jul 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift 614
Exp
Shows it was a money grab but not as profitable as hgv tests now. I had to take the test for all in around £800. Made me no safer and taught me very little.

I'd have been happier if there was sone recognition for those passing the test such as increase in weight if vehicle they could drive...alas won't happen..rant over sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back