Free Member
Jan 3, 2023
Lower Largo, Leven, Fife, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Since 2000
The collar that connects the spout to the body of my motorhome toilet sink tap is cracked. It's a Caraflo half moon tap.
Have been unsuccessful trien to find a replacement. The Caraflo website isn't functioning and I am wondering if they have ceased trading?
Collar is approximately 50mm overall diameter, and the central opening is 22mm.
Can anyone advise? Thanks.

OP
OP
Jim Corstorphine

Jim Corstorphine

Free Member
Jan 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Since 2000

Attachments

• IMG_20230103_152003099.jpg
    IMG_20230103_152003099.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
Jim Corstorphine

Jim Corstorphine

Free Member
Jan 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Since 2000
Visited some plumbers merchants this afternoon. All said the same (after a sharp intake of breath), oooh, non standard size!
Decided to drive to the nearest caravan dealer. Was advised that the collar can't be supplied separately, would have to buy a complete new tap unit at £77. How much to fit? Another £90!!!
Of course I could just buy the tap unit and use the collar, but that would mean that I had spent £77 on what is essentially just a piece of plastic.
Decided just to re-attach the spout using the cracked collar. The seal is on the base of the spout after all, and water only flows through when the tap is on. Hopefully the damaged collar will hold the spout in place.
Thank for your replies!

Elvis the fish

Free Member
Dec 16, 2019
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Nexxo 685
Exp
Since 2015
Visited some plumbers merchants this afternoon. All said the same (after a sharp intake of breath), oooh, non standard size!
Decided to drive to the nearest caravan dealer. Was advised that the collar can't be supplied separately, would have to buy a complete new tap unit at £77. How much to fit? Another £90!!!
Of course I could just buy the tap unit and use the collar, but that would mean that I had spent £77 on what is essentially just a piece of plastic.
Decided just to re-attach the spout using the cracked collar. The seal is on the base of the spout after all, and water only flows through when the tap is on. Hopefully the damaged collar will hold the spout in place.
Thank for your replies!
Hi Jim, I’ve followed your recent thread with interest and have a connected question - how do you put the spout back into the tap unit? I don’t want to force it, I think I can feel a grub screw at the rear of the unit - is that connected?

Apr 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
elddis
Thank for your replies!
Hi Jim did you get it fixed ? Which but was cracked ?

May 3, 2023
Funster No
MH
Compass
The collar that connects the spout to the body of my motorhome toilet sink tap is cracked. It's a Caraflo half moon tap.
Have been unsuccessful trien to find a replacement. The Caraflo website isn't functioning and I am wondering if they have ceased trading?
Collar is approximately 50mm overall diameter, and the central opening is 22mm.
Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Jim, did you ever get anywhere with this, I've got exactly the same problem in my compass.... can't find the plastic chrome collar anywhere on its own. I can find the same tap for £45.00.. but would just be using the collar..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back