Can't stop grinning (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Great looking van, most jealous and you also get a smooth crossing ? Hope you now enjoy many years of FUN.
Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Laird,,, that's stunning mate,, now as long as you don't take it back to Yarmouth, you'll be all good!!! X.

OP
OP
laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Have you bought the camper back to the. U.K. Yet if so how did you get on with the paper work, insurance and vat etc is it easy and straight forward?

Thanks Matt
ive got the van back, i took out belgian export plates they provide third perty insurance untill the end of the month ,ive got fully comp from safeguard but your use of the van is restricted to work relating to the SVA , i now need to book the van in for a test,but first i need to realign the head lights and fit a mpg overlay,once you have the vat certificate and the sva test you fill in some forms and send them off to dvla ,that im told takes about 2 weeks

There are a lot of threads on the subject here , @judgmental has been most informative so have a lot of others who have been helpfull ,so far its been easy

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Lovely van. Hope you have many happy trouble free years in her !

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Only just seen this, lovely lovely van @laird of Dunstan - I'm sure you'll have many happy ad turns with her/he/it

:clap2:

vicwo

Free Member
Mar 18, 2016
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
since 1998
Hi Laird Pleased you got back ok. Van looks very nice. Nice to know about the Comfortmatic and doors need to be locked. I'm counting down the days for my Rapido in June. Off to France in 2 weeks time. Crossing everything that my existing Rapido doesn't breakdown before we exchange. Vicwo

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
ive got the van back, i took out belgian export plates they provide third perty insurance untill the end of the month ,ive got fully comp from safeguard but your use of the van is restricted to work relating to the SVA , i now need to book the van in for a test,but first i need to realign the head lights and fit a mpg overlay,once you have the vat certificate and the sva test you fill in some forms and send them off to dvla ,that im told takes about 2 weeks

It took us about 12-15 working days to get our van registered in Nov last year. You don't need an MOT test centre by the way, any VAT registered garage will do as long as they write you a letter confirming the VCA requirements ( best to copy their wording exactly). VCA had a backlog of about 200 requests but still returned our certificate in a week. The confirmation of VAT from HMRC took about the same, but you can start that straight away. DVLA took about 10 days but confirmed registration number over the phone after 5 working days.

Bet you can't wait to get out and start using it though. Looks great in the photos:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back