Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks Tony ,will have a look (y)
So where did you end up?

We re at La Celle saint avant, lovely Aire just off the A10 south of Tours, but whatever we did couldnt get the ticket machine to work ( and we re defo not new to this) so in the end Sue found she could lift the barrier enough to get through.happy days!

Jon
Ps we re happy to pay but the machine wouldnt let us.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
So where did you end up?

We re at La Celle saint avant, lovely Aire just off the A10 south of Tours, but whatever we did couldnt get the ticket machine to work ( and we re defo not new to this) so in the end Sue found she could lift the barrier enough to get through.happy days!

Jon
Ps we re happy to pay but the machine wouldnt let us.

Hi Jon we have ended up at an aire about half an hour away from Le Mans , it was just some waste ground but to be fair it was quite and free then today we traveled down to biarritz to an aire we saw last year it’s ok but a bit noisy due to the proximity to a main road . Tomorrow we will go to Spain .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We started going to France in our VW campers in the late ‘80s and always paid with Visa for fuel, never had a problem paying. Even in the U.K. cards can be refused, whatever type you use, but probably good advice to carry a bit of cash for when the machines don’t want to know.
Yes I've been caught on a couple of occasions holding cards that would not work. Worst one was when moving here in 2002 , out of 16 cards between wife ,daughter & I nothing worked & with no facility to pay cash, ( never seen that type in France although we have cash ones here)
I had to wait for a Frenchman to pull up & his french card worked & he then tried all mine again without any luck before using his for me & me giving him cash. Not what you want when you are driving through the night in a vehicle that requires looking to fill up every 2 hours.:( So after filling up & driving for an hour you'd have to be looking for a pump again:LOL::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Thanks Tony ,will have a look (y)
Hi Howard H The post was at Jugler, I know that you had already seen the Video but Juggler was also asking for an Aire between Le Mans and Alencon. Lol best Wishes Tony

Markas

Free Member
Jul 13, 2017
Bressuire, Deux-Sevres
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Off and on since 2015
Just go for it, use the aires system, usually in most towns/ villages, just remember do not use the“aires” on the motorways at any cost, and you will be just fine, you’ll probably bump into some Funsters along the way who will be happy for you to tag along until you feel your feet.
Not sure about the "at any cost" with regards to motorway aires. Have used them a couple of times - admittedly not close to channel ports - with no problems. Just like overnighting at motorway services in the UK, except free of charge! Aire des portes d'Angers is on the A11just south of Le Mans, much time saved instead of trucking through tbe countryside in the hope of finding somewhere with space/ where your card works/open etc. Didn't get gassed or robbed either time!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back