Can you polish & wax in wet weather? (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Hi All
After having to shield for the last god knows how long I’ve finally managed to get up to my van. It’s in outside storage so not unexpectedly it’s looking pretty ugly with mold and streaks all over it. I spent all day yesterday giving it a good wash with Fenwicks but now want to get the gleam back with a polish and wax. I’ve purchased this polish http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=123722542162 but have yet to get a wax.

Unfortunately it loos like the weather is going to be a bit wet for the next few weeks but I don’t want to hold off and have to wash the van again so is it possible to polish and wax when it’s raining or at the least when the van is still wet?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Yes you can polish in the wet/damp obviously be careful regarding using a polisher that is mains fed.

You normally spritz the pad prior to using it anyway.

The wax will depend on what you are using.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Generally,I'd say yes. There'll be more touch up polishing where there are more moisture runs down over where you've already dried & polished, from mirrors & other moisture magnets.

Unless you've a specific moisture free finishing tool

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
You could wax with something like Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax.
You spray onto wet vehicle and wipe off with a microfibre cloth. Rain will 'bead off' afterwards.
It's not the perfect wax by any means, we use it on the cars in between full waxes that we do a couple of times each year (with Colinite 845 in our case).

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
To do it properly and achieve a long lasting finish it's best to do it when it's dry . You can certainly polish it when wet but to protect it and wax it you need to have it dry or you'll end up with streaks everywhere

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Thanks all.
So looks like no problem with polishing but waxing would be better when dry.
The Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax looks like a good interim solution but would I need to polish this off again when I do a 'proper' wax with, say a Collinite wax, or can I just wash and apply over the top?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back