Can you connect laptop to tv to watch things off l/top when on internet ? (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Dont know if on correct site but I am not tech minded and wondered if there is a simple way to connect l/top to tv to watch things off internet ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mine will connect via the remote screen app in Windows 10 but I assume it needs a smart tv.
It also has an HDMI socket which I imagine would do the same through an HDMI cable.
I doubt the second option would work via the internet, only saved films etc.

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
what sockets does your laptop and tv have? (take a photo if not sure what they're called)

If they both have an HDMI socket or both have a serial socket you can easily do it. What version of windows are you running? Or is a mac?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just replied to exactly this question, are there two identical threads running ?

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
My tv has a vga socket so that I can watch films from the laptop to the tv. Yours might have one too?

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
what sockets does your laptop and tv have? (take a photo if not sure what they're called)

If they both have an HDMI socket or both have a serial socket you can easily do it. What version of windows are you running? Or is a mac?
Yes both have HDMI and windows 10.

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
just need to plug the hdmi cable into laptop and tv, select the correct 'source' on your tv (probably hdmi2) and then select how you'd like to use the screen, there's a walk through here http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04641829.

if you duplicate essentially whatever's on your laptop screen is on your tv, or you can extend which makes it one big screen in effect - you can drag the two images of the screen aroudn so that the tv is in the right place in relation to the laptop - it gets confusing with the mouse otherwise. If you extend you can use your laptop for something else whilst also watching somethign from the laptop on your tv.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back