Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for all of the replies..
Looking at the comments i have decided a few things,

1: i think i will be using just 1 solar panel, with the voltage/wattage of the panel im going to get plenty of power (travelling to Spain in dec) i think i will be getting around 6-7amps, unless anybody knows how to work it out properly?
2: I will defiantly be using a good quality MTTP controller, im just struggling to find any at a good price.. Im guessing im going to need one with a rated input of 36v/250w?
3: i do have 5 more panels so will be keeping them in storage until we build another bigger van (will need it soon as there will be 3 of us!) i may even consider selling one or 2 to fund part of the van build, if anyone is local to Cornwall that is interested please let me know.

I will most probably be posting a new thread fairly soon as im still a bit unsure with the wiring of the panel to the controller, im hoping its as easy as cutting the plugs off ect..

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
Thanks for all of the replies..
Looking at the comments i have decided a few things,

1: i think i will be using just 1 solar panel, with the voltage/wattage of the panel im going to get plenty of power (travelling to Spain in dec) i think i will be getting around 6-7amps, unless anybody knows how to work it out properly?
2: I will defiantly be using a good quality MTTP controller, im just struggling to find any at a good price.. Im guessing im going to need one with a rated input of 36v/250w?
3: i do have 5 more panels so will be keeping them in storage until we build another bigger van (will need it soon as there will be 3 of us!) i may even consider selling one or 2 to fund part of the van build, if anyone is local to Cornwall that is interested please let me know.

I will most probably be posting a new thread fairly soon as im still a bit unsure with the wiring of the panel to the controller, im hoping its as easy as cutting the plugs off ect..

This is one I bought thought it was a good price

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @Elias

You should see 15 amps with one 250watt, I use this controller https://www.roadpro.co.uk/product/0...ronic-mpp250-12v-dual-regulator-c55891/C55891

It is cheaper other places I think, good bit of kit, will charge habitation batteries as well as starter, AES switching to run a fridge if you fancy and settings for flooded lead acid, AGM and Gel batteries, if you want a solar computer to see what it doing it just plugs straight in(y)

And yes 50 volts in max.

Martin

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Doesn't the efficiency of solar panels deteriate over time ? It might be something that you have to take into consideration, depending on their age if they're second hand ?

OP
OP
Elias

Elias

Free Member
Oct 11, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
Perfect, thats that sorted.. comes with the display panel for £150

I suppose i will need a voltage regulator aswell then to stop 14 odd volts being pumped into the 12v system, something like this childs drawing? (only showing the positives)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Setup.png
    Setup.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 8

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread