Can I Transfer downloads from iPad to laptop (1 Viewer)

Barky-Bill

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Leigh On Sea
Funster No
MH
ITINEO CD720 A Class
Exp
On and off all my life
No doubt this has been asked before, but I've searched the forums and can't find anything specific.
I have an iPad with a fairly small storage and a laptop with a huge harddrive, its easier for me to carry the iPad around to download films/tv etc from Netflix or Prime when I find free wifi, but sometimes I'd like to save stuff to my laptop, can this be done?
If so how?
TIA.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The short answer is that there isn’t a short answer.

It really depends where you download the content from in the first place. Content from anywhere legitimate i.e. Netflix will be DRM protected so you won’t be able to copy it to another device. You shouldn’t need to though. If you have legitimate access to Netflix or whatever just log into it on your laptop and download the content again for offline viewing.

Have a search on here for a recent thread on this topic, there are some services that permit offline viewing on some types of device but not others so you’ll always be subject to those restrictions.

OP
OP
Barky-Bill

Barky-Bill

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Leigh On Sea
Funster No
MH
ITINEO CD720 A Class
Exp
On and off all my life
Didn't think there would be an easy answer, but thanks for the info. I wondered where on the iPad the downloaded content was stored for off line viewing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Didn't think there would be an easy answer, but thanks for the info. I wondered where on the iPad the downloaded content was stored for off line viewing?

The iPad file system is unique. If you have a MacBook it’s fairly simple to access with some basic knowledge, if you have a Windows machine it’s possible but is a lot more difficult. The DRM issue still applies either way.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
This is one of many programmes around that claim to do what you are asking. Obviously, as Nic says, you won’t be able to transfer protected content.
I dont know if it works, I don’t have Windows computers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back