Can blinds (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
At the moment we have a MH that doesn’t have cab blinds. We use outside silverscreens in cold weather which stops condensation on front screen and cab door windows.
The MH we are buying has internal cab blinds on the front screen and doors. I was wondering do the blinds get wet with condensation if you don’t use silver screens.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The windscreen will be covered in condensation in the morning so the blinds must I assume absorb some moisture.

We use a silver screen whilst on site but when we use aires we use the internal blinds.

We carry a Karcher window vac to clear the moisture in the morning. (y)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
In a word no,but they don't do anything to prevent condensation!

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
Another vote for Karcher window vac. Never had a problem with damp or moisture on the blinds and if there is some condensation the window vac takes care of it very quickly. I have never liked silver screen covers, when I open the blinds I want to see out. This morning I have an uninterrupted view of the hills surrounding Moffat.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The blinds don't prevent condensation, but the moisture condenses on the windscreen, not the blinds. The blinds in our present A class are far enough away from the windscreen so that they do not get wet. same with the blinds in our previous C class

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
On ours the internal fixed screens are not touching the screen so avoid any contact with any moisture on the window. They sit about an inch or so proud of the screen it self. We do however use a silver screen, a Taylormade, winter and summer to prevent any condensation or moisture build up and keep cool in summer.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Agree with the above replies.

We carry a small microfibre towel to dry the windscreen on the mornings we get condensation, usually only a cold weather problem.

It has the added advantage of cleaning the inside of the screen.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
"we", have a "squeegee", used to wipe down the shower after use. This and a large old towel, (normally used for Dog Drying) placed in the window space to catch drips, does as a "poor man`s Karcher". In an "A" class, the reach to the screen makes folding back and fastening the Blinds somewhat of a struggle, using a "helping hand" helps but they are still quite awkward to manage. In that respect, the curtains we had in the R-V`s are in my view far more "user friendly".

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We have an insulated aluminium roller blind on the windscreen and it does stop a lot/most of the condensation on the screen the side windows are not a problem as they are double glazed(y)

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
The windscreen will be covered in condensation in the morning so the blinds must I assume absorb some moisture.

We use a silver screen whilst on site but when we use aires we use the internal blinds.

We carry a Karcher window vac to clear the moisture in the morning. (y)

Would a Karcher KV1 be man enough for use clearing condensation only from van windscreens.
Thanks

Charlie

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Would a Karcher KV1 be man enough for use clearing condensation only from van windscreens.
Thanks

Charlie

Thats looks like we use. I don't know that model but we have a WV60

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back