Campsites reopening. (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our camp site owning friends in Burgundy today notified us that, as of 2:00pm today, 23rd May, they are allowed to reopen their static caravans to owners but not yet to hirers. No site facilities are allowed yet, restaurant and swimming pool remains closed.

They are hoping that they will be able to open up to touring caravans and motorhomes from 15th June, but that is to be confirmed.

Things are slowly moving in the right direction.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If only my 28 day holiday wasnt going to be blocked by 14 days quarantine on the way back, and now on the way out as well !

Good news and the anticipation of things to come

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Yes, but this the France thread. ;)

And as it is a France thread.

Well done France on offering the reciprocal measure of 14 days quarantine for us Brits entering into their country.

That might cause the rest of the EU to give due consideration to this UK policy as well and the possibiity/probability of a change of plan.

OP
OP
maison
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
And as it is a France thread.

Well done France on offering the reciprocal measure of 14 days quarantine for us Brits entering into their country.

That might cause the rest of the EU to give due consideration to this UK policy as well and the possibiity/probability of a change of plan.
We can hardly blame them for the reciprocal quarantine requirements.

It will certainly make foreign travel more difficult but we have brought it upon ourselves. It has been publicised today that several EU countries are opening to tourists but excluding the U.K. as a result of our CV-19 history.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We can hardly blame them for the reciprocal quarantine requirements.

It will certainly make foreign travel more difficult but we have brought it upon ourselves. It has been publicised today that several EU countries are opening to tourists but excluding the U.K. as a result of our CV-19 history.
As someone who wants to come to France or Europe in general, relatively shortly I really welcome the good old French attitude to this by our Government. I would fully expect our Government (in reverse) to make exactly the same decision.
I was really quite down about our holiday last night, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel following the French reposte which in my view will give us something to U turn on.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Yes, but this the France thread. ;)
Where does it say that? :happy:

Our camp site owning friends in Burgundy today notified us that, as of 2:00pm today, 23rd May, they are allowed to reopen their static caravans to owners but not yet to hirers. No site facilities are allowed yet, restaurant and swimming pool remains closed.

They are hoping that they will be able to open up to touring caravans and motorhomes from 15th June, but that is to be confirmed.

Things are slowly moving in the right direction.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....

it seems as though it isnt just then Burgundy region that is opening campsites. Although they are opening for owners of Mobile Homes, it has to be good news as a first step along the path ....

its almost great news for us as we own a mobile home on the Vendee, just need Mr Macron to announce unlimited travel and that the route from Calais to the Vendee is 'open' and all regions are classed as 'green' !

we are still booked on the 16th to take the motorhome over to our mobile home ...... (y) (y) (y)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
don’t get too excited. Travel insurance will be an issue as well as 14 days quarantine on your return as it stands today.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
1590525035205.png
1590525035205.pngPlease bear in mind the zoning map !

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Think there is an update due on June 1st (start of June i think) and at that stage they can recolour areas. Hauts de france (calais area) has been going down in numbers and was only just red last time. Unfortunately they did have a couple of outbreaks and i think they were slaughterhouses but still low enough figures (I think) to be going lighter in colour.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
The presidents of the Hauts-de-France and Grand Est regions wrote to the PM today saying that they now meet the criteria for green status, so expect to go green on the updated map due in the next few days.
Barclaybasher jongood Jo662

Information only at this stage

klaatu youre a star, i hadnt picker that up on France24. Cheers

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Thank you for the information,starting to feel a little optimistic.
I m getting tempted to take a gamble and get out there as early as the rules allow and bet on Boris lifting the quarantine.
There is also quite a temptation to travel to ireland and take a ferry over from there. Just to show that it is possible without breaking any rules and how stupid introducing this quarantine thing is now. (In my opinion)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I m getting tempted to take a gamble and get out there as early as the rules allow and bet on Boris lifting the quarantine.
There is also quite a temptation to travel to ireland and take a ferry over from there. Just to show that it is possible without breaking any rules and how stupid introducing this quarantine thing is now. (In my opinion)

We are hoping by the end of July they have lifted the quarantine aswell so we can head across the channel,fingers crossed for us all!🤞

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
As someone who wants to come to France or Europe in general, relatively shortly I really welcome the good old French attitude to this by our Government. I would fully expect our Government (in reverse) to make exactly the same decision.
I was really quite down about our holiday last night, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel following the French reposte which in my view will give us something to U turn on.
It’s all just tit for tat....pathetic...nothing to do with Covid...or at least not much...both governments should just grow up and realise that tourism and indeed just freedom to travel is more important than one side getting the better of the other. France has said that any country who insists on quaranteeing it’s citizens It will quarantine them....UK just as bad....You hit me I’ll hit you ! Like the school playground.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
It’s all just tit for tat....pathetic...nothing to do with Covid...or at least not much...both governments should just grow up and realise that tourism and indeed just freedom to travel is more important than one side getting the better of the other. France has said that any country who insists on quaranteeing it’s citizens It will quarantine them....UK just as bad....You hit me I’ll hit you ! Like the school playground.
Dont you just love the french ? To me, its a great attitude. You charge our citizens for NHS, we charge yours, you quarantine ours, we quarantine yours. Whats not to love about them. They didnt start it.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520

So why not just do it then!

Pete

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Dont you just love the french ? To me, its a great attitude. You charge our citizens for NHS, we charge yours, you quarantine ours, we quarantine yours. Whats not to love about them. They didnt start it.
Yes they did...they invaded Poland....oh no that was Germany.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back