Camping Joncar Mar (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
We have booked to stay on Camping Joncar Mar in Roses at the end of July and am a bit concerned whether the pitches are going to be a bit tight for our tag axle Motorhome. Has anyone stayed on there before and could advise us if we will be ok or not?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
When i read your post the first thing i did was go to google maps to look at a satellite view.
Turns out it also has some ground shots and street level views where your can move around the site . (y)
Do they dont state pitch sizes ? may be best to advise them.

This Burstner i would think is 7.5 -8mtr max and seems to just fit.

So have a look and decide.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
I have stayed there with no problems they usually ask for van size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
When i read your post the first thing i did was go to google maps to look at a satellite view.
Turns out it also has some ground shots and street level views where your can move around the site . (y)

i emailed the campsite before I booked and they said we would be fine,and have looked at google maps which makes it look a bit tight. I think the pitches are big enough it’s just manoeuvring around the site with all the trees makes it look a bit tight. And with it being end of July it’s going to be rammed.
we don’t usually book anywhere but need to this year as meeting our daughter there for the week.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010

the Bursner is about the same size as mine so think I should be ?
Thanks for your help?

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I have stayed there with no problems they usually ask for van size.

yes I put my Motorhome size on there booking form and emailed them asking if we would be ok. Just think they just say we will be fine whatever just to get the bookings!

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I stayed there last year, on the eastern section of the site ( reception office side) with my 7.5m Cheyenne. The pitch size was fine but the access lanes made it a bit tight, with little room to manoeuvre. It looks easier on the western section, as in the views above.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I stayed there last year, on the eastern section of the site ( reception office side) with my 7.5m Cheyenne. The pitch size was fine but the access lanes made it a bit tight, with little room to manoeuvre. It looks easier on the western section, as in the views above.

Thanks for your help What did you think of Roses can you recommend any restaurants ,things to do and see.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Quite a nice little resort for a few days. Campsite isn't too far from the beach - about 50m but it's in an 'urban' setting with apartments around and about, but doesn't really detract from the site. A short (c. 500m) walk or bike ride to town along the promenade. Site facilities very good. There is a 'citadel' a short walk from the site with ancient fortifications. In the hills behind are a number of Mesolithic (I think) sites which are worth a bike ride.
At the other end of the bay is the Romano/Greek site of Empurias, which is always worth a visit.
You can get a boat ride from Roses to Cadaques, a very pretty fishing village with a Dali museum. Well worth a day out.

OP
OP
Jo662
May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Quite a nice little resort for a few days. Campsite isn't too far from the beach - about 50m but it's in an 'urban' setting with apartments around and about, but doesn't really detract from the site. A short (c. 500m) walk or bike ride to town along the promenade. Site facilities very good. There is a 'citadel' a short walk from the site with ancient fortifications. In the hills behind are a number of Mesolithic (I think) sites which are worth a bike ride.
At the other end of the bay is the Romano/Greek site of Empurias, which is always worth a visit.
You can get a boat ride from Roses to Cadaques, a very pretty fishing village with a Dali museum. Well worth a day out.

Thank you for the info,very interesting ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back