Camping Car Parks Etiquette question (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Here's a question for all you seasoned CCP users.

I know one isn't supposed to get the chairs etc out on an Aire.

Does that also apply to a CCP, and, if the answer to that is, 'carry on" does the same also apply to those' payant' aires found near, or at the coast in France.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

Does that also apply to a CCP, and, if the answer to that is, 'carry on" does the same also apply to those' payant' aires found near, or at the coast in France.
I would say it is ok on camping car parks sites particularly those ex municipal places with large plots. I would go for an awning too on those. 🙂

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Ccp ,yes no problem, other Aires yes within reason.
We always get ours out and have never been told to put them in at either.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
The sign normally says no camping behaviour but we’ve only ever had one issue, we parked up and got the chairs out to enjoy a cuppa only to be told from the French couple next pitch it wasn’t allowed. I asked if she was going to tell the other 8 vans doing the same, she never so we enjoyed a cuppa

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Don’t know about CCPs but we usually follow the herd an an ordinary Aire. Specially when the spots are segregated with logs or ? and often some Aires have grass areas with picnic tables.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Definitely OK on CCP Aires as you are paying for the privilege, but keep within your own area if marked.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
The sign normally says no camping behaviour but we’ve only ever had one issue, we parked up and got the chairs out to enjoy a cuppa only to be told from the French couple next pitch it wasn’t allowed. I asked if she was going to tell the other 8 vans doing the same, she never so we enjoyed a cuppa

In camping car parks sites specifically? I've never seen it. Public Aires yes but not CCP's?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
In camping car parks sites specifically? I've never seen it. Public Aires yes but not CCP's?

Yes if you read the board with the rules on it you’ll see, well we have on several we’ve stayed at. We’ve stayed on some that say no trailers on the board only for a could trailers to be there. The post above is the only time someone has mentioned anything as we’ve sat out on every one we’ve stayed at in the sun 😂

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
We’ve stayed in a number of different styles of CCP aires. Some are marked out car parks where really no place for chairs etc. Others are like camp sites. Play it as you see it I think. If you think it’s not ok then don’t! Most of them I feel comfortable with a chair out.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We're just back from a five week visit to France and stayed on 6 different CCP Aires. We, along with other nationalities, sat out on them all.(weather permitting) We also saw awnings out, barbeques, sunbathing etc.

One new thing to us on CCP Aires, was on a couple of them we had to take our swipe card to the borne in order to get water. A local user explained that they were being installed in situations where it was likely to be used by non members.

Aug 15, 2023
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Not had an issue on a CCP site, for other sites, we'd play it by ear. If I pulled up in my car and got my helinox camping chair out and had a brew, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid....I suspect the real issue is that 'they' don't want it to escalate to awnings, tables, chairs, barbeques etc.....it is meant to be a stopover for a night or two..I think

Jul 3, 2019
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ducato MWB, DIY :-)
Exp
10 years campervanning, 60+ camping
I'd have thought "camping behaviour" in France means fence off every inch with wind breaks, sided awnings and extra tents for cooking etc, carpet the middle, and lay out a full furniture set for the duration.
Compared with that a couple of chairs and table that are replaced when when they stop being used barely compares; especially if you're not using them to stake out ground that's stopping others getting on.
Surely you are allowed to pique-nique near your van? If so, what is an acceptable distance?

Apr 7, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLI 580
Exp
Since 2002
Always get our stuff out if there’s room on the pitch and the weather is good. Gas bbq as well if we feel like it and it’s not close to a neighbour. On a camping car park mon village tonight, which is an old municipal, and if it was warm enough I would have it all out. Never had a problem.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We saw the Municipal Police tell everyone to take chairs, tables & awnings in at the Brantome aire once, never seen it anywhere else.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
From our experience this year , if your have room get your chairs out , use your cadac But refrain from a charcoal bbq and a full picnic spread . IMO the others don’t care if you don’t get on their nerves - they’ve been very friendly .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back