Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Struggled to get a replacement calorlite - eventually got a replacement last week - checked it today and its not been tested so will need changing. I suspect it will be months before they become readily available.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
something sounds out of sync here, Calor issuing freshly filled cylinders through approved distributors that have not been tested, but they also say some have been tested, identified by the hole

I am sure this will some uber safety issue with minimal risk to anybody, but Calor appear to be making a bit of a Horlicks of it

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Thanks for the warning Graham, I have 3 so will check them in the morning. Pete
Hi
I phoned my local Calor Depot up to day to confirm they had some in stock, I took my 3 bottles in, 1 empty, 1partialy full & 1 full unused bottle, they tried to charge me for the empty one until I challenged them on their web site recall notice, they then gave me three new full ones with the metal ring marked to show they had the repair, Thanks again Graham for the early warning. Pete (y)(y)(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
they tried to charge me for the empty one until I challenged them on their web site recall notice,. Pete

Methinks that there is going to be some money making going on here, or should I say thieving, particularly with those who do not know of the recall. :mad:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
My OH just changed ours tonight. When i called them yesterday they said they had loads, by the time my hubby got there 4:30pm they were down to 5 left. They said big run on them today! That was the Swindon Calorgas centre.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks for the info. more money saved. :clap2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun