Calais, They are Back (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
sorry to say the migrants are back in force in parts of Calais, drove down to Calais Wine at lunchtime (rue Marcel Doret) which is just off the main road to the port and from the round about and up to Pidou, Calais Wine and Majestic we counted about 30.

Having not seen in that area for at least 12 months from talking with locals they have been back a few weeks and becoming quite brazen.

One of two were walking around all the cars and Motorhomes in the car park and were being constantly moved on by security from the premises. A couple of gendarmerie cars were making the rounds at which point they would disappear and reappear within a few minutes and in both Calais Wine and Pidou a number were standing around the fringes quiet disconcerting.

On the plus side none up near the tunnel or cite de Europe as it looks like they have that area well sorted with security and the police.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
and in both Calais Wine and Pidou a number were standing around the fringes quiet disconcerting.

They'll be trying for the lorries or maybe a coach, quite a few stock up there - discovered a pair of illegals in the engine compartment of my coach once; they'd thrown a bit of old carpet over the engine to stop getting burned.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
sorry to say the migrants are back in force in parts of Calais, drove down to Calais Wine at lunchtime (rue Marcel Doret) which is just off the main road to the port and from the round about and up to Pidou, Calais Wine and Majestic we counted about 30.

Having not seen in that area for at least 12 months from talking with locals they have been back a few weeks and becoming quite brazen.

One of two were walking around all the cars and Motorhomes in the car park and were being constantly moved on by security from the premises. A couple of gendarmerie cars were making the rounds at which point they would disappear and reappear within a few minutes and in both Calais Wine and Pidou a number were standing around the fringes quiet disconcerting.

On the plus side none up near the tunnel or cite de Europe as it looks like they have that area well sorted with security and the police.

We stayed at Cite Europe last night,then went to Majestic Wines in Coquelles on the way to the tunnel and didnt see
any migrants whatsoever.We were at Cite Europe at 6 last night and didnt see any there either.We must of been to early for them!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nooooooooo ... we were planning on staying at Cite Europe on our first night ... I'm gonna scream if anything else goes awry ... o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We also stayed at cite de Europe and didn't see any, it was only down near the port and the other Majestic (not coquelles) that we encountered them today.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Nooooooooo ... we were planning on staying at Cite Europe on our first night ... I'm gonna scream if anything else goes awry ... o_O

There were at least 10 motorhomes there last night and I didnt see one migrant there so you will be fine.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Minxy, I think the migrants would be more scared off you, than you of them.:D

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Look out for bigtrees,one has already been blown over into the parking area.;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Minxy, I think the migrants would be more scared off you, than you of then.:D
... probably true ... just today I told some chaps in a car off for messing about on the rough car park at the car boot sale ... they were speeding around causing dust storms covering everyone with muck! They then proceeded to drive too fast along the tarmac roadway at the side coming towards the stalls ... no one did a thing, although someone said "get their number" and one was taking a photo with his phone, not that it would have done any good as it was private land! I just walked toward them with my hand up telling them to stop (not in any danger though) and they did! They had a kid in the car too ... some people are just idiots!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
They were lurking around Pidou and Cite Europe when we were there 3 weeks ago, not a problem lots of police presence, most folk are now wise to the threat and are vigilant. We will be back in Cite Europe in a few weeks and if they want a lift we can drop them off in Benidorm.
Cheers
Ed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back