Cab fan heater (2 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
We have an Aspire with a supplementary fan heater installed under the driver's seat. Does anyone know it's wattage. I guess 1kw.

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Yes mains built into drivers seat base. It supplements the Alde heating which obviously doesn't run into the cab. It works well but the downside is if it is 1kw it restricts the amount of electricity the Alde system can use. In the very cold weather after Christmas (-7) we had to use gas to supplement the Alde. Just wondered if it might be 500w but of course it isn't even mentioned in the Elddis manual and we weren't even told it was there. I only found it when I noticed the switch at the back of the driver's seat! I switched it on and heard the fan and felt the heat!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Are you sure the heater is mains powered and not part of the Alde system?

We have the Alde heating and there is a radiator matrix under a seat with a switchable 12v fan which blows warm air into the cab area.

I assume if yours is mains powered then it doesn't work unless you are on ELH.

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Unfortunately the home is in storage so I can't check. I do think now that you are right and that it is part of the Alde system with the fan being probably 12v. If so then there is no problem. There is no sign of the fan on the wiring diagram. I will have to take a closer look. Just shows you should never assume anything.

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
Many thanks. I will check but I'm sure you will be right. Coming from a caravan I never knew these things existed though we had Alde heating.

OP
OP
C
Jul 10, 2014
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
3 years
I have contacted Elddis and they were unsure themselves to start with. I couldn't believe it considering they installed it. Eventually the engineer discovered the answer. The fan heater is not part of the Alde system but is a 240v heater rated at 700 watts.

Thanks all for your input.

SimonR

Free Member
May 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Are you sure the heater is mains powered and not part of the Alde system?

We have the Alde heating and there is a radiator matrix under a seat with a switchable 12v fan which blows warm air into the cab area.

I assume if yours is mains powered then it doesn't work unless you are on ELH.
So where is this switch? Would like to turn off fan as it is noisey

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back