c line, waist water drain valve (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
the drain valve castle nut on my c line came adrift from the vertical leg that operates it last week, a simple job to rectify at the time, but there is a spring at the top of the vertical leg, held by a bolt in a slot, this bolt is loose and the spring is fully extended, should the bolt be tight in the slot hold the spring compressed more, or is it correct as it is ? you can just about make out the bolt head in the top left of the pic, it has a lock nut on the far side so I dont see how it could have come loose unless iut was never tight in the first place.
20210623_111838.jpg

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It appears that a majority of these flimsy items fail. Mine did after very few uses. I just pushed it back into the joint and treat it carefully by pressing down and turning slowly. No more problems in 6 years. Carthago will probably offer a repair for many many £'s.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
the drain valve castle nut on my c line came adrift from the vertical leg that operates it last week, a simple job to rectify at the time, but there is a spring at the top of the vertical leg, held by a bolt in a slot, this bolt is loose and the spring is fully extended, should the bolt be tight in the slot hold the spring compressed more, or is it correct as it is ? you can just about make out the bolt head in the top left of the pic, it has a lock nut on the far side so I dont see how it could have come loose unless iut was never tight in the first place. View attachment 511730
It’s a crap design to be fair.
This is what I did
D52C7EB4-D142-4D0F-9672-DA472274A7FC.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 21, 2019
Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
Begun travelling the road in our first van in 2013
Where did you source the valve from might I ask please? Did it screw onto the existing threads there, or did you make another mod?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back