C&CC Breakdown Cover Confusion

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by emmitdb, Jul 4, 2018.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Ratings:
    +4,010
    Just got off the 'phone to the above attempting to get Ins. for the 'van.
    In the course of the chat I was told the following.

I am covered for up to 180 days a years European Touring, then;

They include Euro. Breakdown Cover of 90 days a year with no more than 60 consec. days in any one trip???

I asked if the 60 and 90 days could be extended and was told NO!

I then asked how their Breakdown Cover sat with their Insurance Euro Cover.
    I was told that I would have to seek alternative Breakdown Cover with another provider.

I pointed out to them that, if I did that, I would effectively be covered twice for the same risk and that would cause confusion and there was a real possibility that NEITHER of the Covers would turn up relying on the other Company to do the deed.

The Op at C&CC said that this was not an issue but I could see huge problems with us being "Piggy in the middle."

What do others think?

2. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +84,619
    i don’t see how they would know how long you had been away.

I had a breakdown ( in a car) in France a few years ago and no one asked how long I had been away.

I think you call them out and the process of repair/recovery kicks in.

I could be wrong of course and will be interested to see what others think.

3. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Ratings:
    +2,233
    Breakdown cover might be included but you are paying for it, ask for insurance without it and go elsewhere.

4. matamoros

matamoros Funster

Ratings:
    +8,357
    I had this issue 10 years ago when we sold up and bought our fiver, C&CC said that they would even need a return booking to prove length of trip.

I did not insure with them so have no idea if this would have happened, joined ADAC instead.

• Like it Like it x 1
  5. lindyloot

lindyloot Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +4,402
    I am insured with someone else but my RAC breakdown cover is through CC &C . We originally took RAC cover out when travelling to and from Grasstrack meetings with my stepson. Whe we brought our first motorhome ( Autotrail Chieftain ) RAC said we would need to go through CC&C due to the length and weight of MH . I am still with them