Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Hello funsters,

I wonder if you could look at this for me and comment any though or how does it seem to you.

weight 2920 kg - with a lot of equipment in cupboards under the floor and one gas bottle. But only small amount of water and a bit of petrol.
in V5 there is stated maximum weight 3400kg so it means roughly 500 kg of payloaf for some personal things, clothes, my self, full petrol and water tank, surf board, skateboard, perhaps bike in furute. I believe 500kg should be OK.

Thank you!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Can you post some photos? Do an mot history on the gov website. Take a damp meter with you to go see it. Maybe if you post the area a funster might volunteer to go along too.

Good luck

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry . Now realised there's a link to the pics. :)
If you are considering the an I would be asking for a years MOT, it's due in July.

And the mileage on the ad shows 60 odd mot history shows over 100,000

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ondrej

Ondrej

Free Member
Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
it will be with New MOT
The only diffference is that on GOV UK MOT it says it has got 108 853 miles ... but on a clock it says kilometers, do you thing it could be an errorr or more dodgy stuff?

how reliable are these "personal" damp meters? do you needs something superb expensive to check that?

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I noticed in 2012 it says KLM but on all the rest it's miles. I personally think it's been clocked. Can't see all the other mots being wrong.

Edit: Possible for them to be wrong I guess since it's a LHD

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ondrej

Ondrej

Free Member
Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
I check every single cupboard, corner up and down, under sink and could not find any damp ... but not sure how reliable it can be. Is a damp meter only reliable way and necessary?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ondrej

Ondrej

Free Member
Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Oh, I didnt noticed that KLM in 2012 !! thanks for that!!
clocked? that they changed meter reader or reading? or whole engine? ...

current owner has got it for 2-3 years, so it must have been done with previous owner

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It's a left hooker so will be kilometres. Ours is lhd and has had a mph dial face stuck over the kph but the odometer will deffo be kph. (y)

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I would definitely use a damp meter for peace of mind. You might regret it later if you don't.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Hello funsters,

I wonder if you could look at this for me and comment any though or how does it seem to you.

weight 2920 kg - with a lot of equipment in cupboards under the floor and one gas bottle. But only small amount of water and a bit of petrol.
in V5 there is stated maximum weight 3400kg so it means roughly 500 kg of payloaf for some personal things, clothes, my self, full petrol and water tank, surf board, skateboard, perhaps bike in furute. I believe 500kg should be OK.

Thank you!

What is that weight based on? Has it been weighed recently or was it just quoted, based on MIRO. If it is based on the MIRO it would not have included extras fitted either ex-factory or since, e.g. that awning in the photo. All extras will be needed to deducted from the 480kg of payload you think you would have.

I would not agree to buy a MH unless I had been present at a weighbridge and I was sat in it and saw the fuel and water guages myself.

Geoff

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
This Hymer looks pretty tidy and might make a great first van.
Just listed, can't imagine it'll be for sale for long.

Mercedes Hymer 670 Motor home 2.9 5 Cylinder

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ondrej

Ondrej

Free Member
Apr 12, 2017
herne bay
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
What is that weight based on? Has it been weighed recently or was it just quoted, based on MIRO. If it is based on the MIRO it would not have included extras fitted either ex-factory or since, e.g. that awning in the photo. All extras will be needed to deducted from the 480kg of payload you think you would have.

I would not agree to buy a MH unless I had been present at a weighbridge and I was sat in it and saw the fuel and water guages myself.

Geoff
It was print out from a weight bridge done 2 days ago - as I requested that. Unfortunately I was not present there.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back