Buying a second hand motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Licence doesn't allow. Over 70, no c+1.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well, we are at the open weekend in somerset and we called in the weighbridge to weigh us all packed up with me included and we're 3620kilo, we are supposed to be 3500 kilo, so 120 kilo overweight.
We currently have 635 payload but after enquiring about the payload on the new/used van we are supposed to collect on Tuesday I decided it best not to go ahead with the purchase.
We have spent the last weeks dumping stuff we no longer need or have used for the last 3 years and we're still overweight.
Serious offloading still needed.
Sales man not too happy and suggested him taking new van to weighbridge Monday, hopefully making the weight workable but as is only 380kilo payload I am seriously sceptical.
Not too sure about the £2000 deposit on the van, he and we are hoping something to our liking is taken in part X this weekend to be able to do a deal.
Anyone know what should happen with the deposit in these circumstances?
We are quite sad about this as the van was lovely but I cannot in all conscience continue with the purchase knowing how overweight we would be by around 300 kilo.
As it is we have to dump 120kilo, somehow!
If the van was not advertised for sale as being damp, then you are within your rights to cancel the contract and ask for a full refund.
If dealer does not play ball, invest £100 in a solicitors letter. Better than losing £2,000.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back