BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Have been lurking for a few weeks scouring these pages for information which has resulted in a purchase of our new MH the 680G
Looking to collect around mid October 2019. This is our second MH with the last one ending 3 years ago (after 6 months of owning) due to a very bad Friday afternoon build that had serious warranty issues the worst one failing a hab check for water ingress on a brand new van.
Suffice to say we have now got over it and are looking forward to a continental built Burstner that seems to be this years model with a few nice extras.
Now need to find insurance and in the process of making lists of queries to ask the dealer on collection.
Looking forward to the collective experience and advice, so it’s a big ? hello from Bish...

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Congratulations - we are the happy owners of a Burstner Ixeo TL680g and after 2 years we still think it has the best designed motorhome on the market for the use of space in a 7m vehicle. Just message me if you have any questions or queries. Have an amazing time!

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Thanks for all the welcoming ?

Congratulations - we are the happy owners of a Burstner Ixeo TL680g and after 2 years we still think it has the best designed motorhome on the market for the use of space in a 7m vehicle. Just message me if you have any questions or queries. Have an amazing time!

That’s excellent to hear and thank you for your offer which is very helpful. Can’t wait to get going. If you have any tips for the first run out I’m all ears....?

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
For the first few trips you will be just figuring out where to put everything. We found there is far more storage than weight would allow, we are on a 3850 kg chassis, Just enjoy all that wonderful space that you have in the lounge to relax on the darker evenings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
I will be adding a few extra batteries on arrival so we’re not so reliant on electric hook ups. In preparation for these I have just bought this inverter online. Have hooked it up to a couple of 65ah batteries to try it out and it works our 1400w microwave perfectly. It comes with a remote control on/off switch and will see how this goes before maybe getting an auto switchover unit for a more professional install...it is quiet in operation and didn’t get warm with the fans kicking in after a 5 minute run heating a couple of glasses of water.
E285F8C5-45C2-4B02-962A-C269C8C8D206.jpeg

Oldgustaf

Free Member
Jun 28, 2019
Far west Wales
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T6501B
Exp
Since 2019
This is our second MH with the last one ending 3 years ago (after 6 months of owning) due to a very bad Friday afternoon build that had serious warranty issues the worst one failing a hab check for water ingress on a brand new van.

And the make?

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
At least there was some German parts within the package. However even this went wrong but that was down to the dealer over filling the engine oil resulting in a big red stop engine warning on the M6 southbound within 50 miles of taking delivery 6pm on a wet Friday evening. 6 hours waiting for Mercedes recovery. Not a good start I can tell you.
After this we had many more issues with various hab and merc components that Auto Sleepers and Mercedes kept blaming each other for... I could go on. Suffice to say we got rid as soon as we could and great cost to ourselves.
Fingers crossed we have a better experience this time round.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We got our first Burstner in March this year.... we absolutely love it.

Different model to yours, but it is so comfortable and well laid out.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
We got our first Burstner in March this year.... we absolutely love it.

Different model to yours, but it is so comfortable and well laid out.

Enjoy!
Thanks jdk62. Nice to hear positive thoughts ? ....

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Enjoy your Burstner. We love ours having traded up from an AT
Funny you should say that, we looked at several AT's and liked them a lot. Just couldn't settle on the right layout. AT Salesman said "everyone buys a motorhome and then they buy an Auto Trail".... in your case it"s the other way round. How we laughed!!

Collection arranged for next Tuesday. (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I’m sure you’ll enjoy your Burstner. Ours, a Ti 736 is coming up to a year old next week. We’ve done over 12000 miles in it, the only problem we had was a weeping driveshaft seal, replaced by a Fiat Pro garage, nothing wrong with the hab side. It’s extremely comfortable and well put together. Ours came with a 3850kg upgrade and we paid €1 for an auto satellite setup with TV!

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Look forward to hearing how your collection went! Which dealer are you collecting from?

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Funny you should say that, we looked at several AT's and liked them a lot. Just couldn't settle on the right layout. AT Salesman said "everyone buys a motorhome and then they buy an Auto Trail".... in your case it"s the other way round. How we laughed!!

Collection arranged for next Tuesday. (y)

We loved the layout of our Scout. Just got fed up taking it back every year of our 6 year ownership to have the damp sorted under warranty

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
We loved the layout of our Scout. Just got fed up taking it back every year of our 6 year ownership to have the damp sorted under warranty

And you kept it for 6 years!!! Wow... we bought an Auto Sleeper and within 3 months it failed a hab check for water ingress. That went straight away.

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Look forward to hearing how your collection went! Which dealer are you collecting from?

Southdowns in Portsmouth. It’s been very quiet since our deposit payment. Hopefully they remember we are coming to see them next week. ?‍♂️

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
I’m sure you’ll enjoy your Burstner. Ours, a Ti 736 is coming up to a year old next week. We’ve done over 12000 miles in it, the only problem we had was a weeping driveshaft seal, replaced by a Fiat Pro garage, nothing wrong with the hab side. It’s extremely comfortable and well put together. Ours came with a 3850kg upgrade and we paid €1 for an auto satellite setup with TV!

Sounds brilliant. Ours has the 32” tv package but not with a satellite system. Hopefully with the internet and digital tv we won’t need to go down the satellite system route.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
And you kept it for 6 years!!! Wow... we bought an Auto Sleeper and within 3 months it failed a hab check for water ingress. That went straight away.

Loved the vehicle and kept thinking "we were unlucky, it will be fine from now on!"

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Update:
Collected yesterday, had loads of questions to ask. Handover went very well and the drive back home was, after hiring and previous experience, very good indeed. We were given a new 25m hook up cable which wasn’t expected as well as a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm.
The van with comformatic auto box very smooth and relaxed, plenty of power with the 150hp engine along with averaging 28mpg over 150 miles (van had 1 mile on the clock) okay the van wasn’t loaded up with kit but was surprisingly quiet after taking out the grill tray before setting off.
Stopped off on the A3 at the Hampshire Hog for a bit of tea which I’m happy to recommend.
After work today I managed to get a bit of alone time, filled up the Gaslow bottles I’ve checked everything works as it should and can’t find a single thing wrong. It all seems very well screwed together and has everything I want. Dealer also fitted a second leisure battery. Checked the heating works, hot water, pumps, relief valves all good, shower, sink all taps, electric hook up, drop down bed all as they should be there’s no scratches or bodged fittings. The tv is also smart and works very well on the dealer fitted tv aerial so we’re really made up.
Looking forward to our first trip out soon.

Attachments

• F3CB7C37-FCE7-403B-B5B0-264DA7D1FED4.jpeg
    F3CB7C37-FCE7-403B-B5B0-264DA7D1FED4.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 140
  • F1DB8851-B2B0-46D4-8594-DDE59E47DF99.jpeg
    F1DB8851-B2B0-46D4-8594-DDE59E47DF99.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 141
Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Glad to hear it went well. It’s an amazing van (I am biased). Enjoy Figuring it all out. I spent a happy few hours peeling off all the many many safety warning stickers!

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Glad to hear it went well. It’s an amazing van (I am biased). Enjoy Figuring it all out. I spent a happy few hours peeling off all the many many safety warning stickers!
Thanks Mark, just wondering where to fit my inverter, do you have one? I’m thinking of putting it to the left of the battery locker under the hab seat.. this allows me to run a plug into the EHU socket so if I’m on site hook up or inverter only one can be plugged in at the same time.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
There is plenty of room there. Though you seemed to have chose a fairly. big inverter!!!!!

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
There is plenty of room there. Though you seemed to have chose a fairly. big inverter!!!!!
Lol, yes it’s a big Un. ?. Hopefully won’t be needed too often.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Ps. Think connecting your inverter back into EHU is not best practice. The EHU will go back and try to charge the battery and round and round it goes.

OP
OP
B

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Ps. Think connecting your inverter back into EHU is not best practice. The EHU will go back and try to charge the battery and round and round it goes.
Good point, I’m used to having inverter/chargers all in one. I’ll speak to our boat sparky. See what’s best.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back