Burstner T615 heater issue. (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2021
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
A couple of nights ago I fired up the heater in my T615. However, although plenty of heat was coming from the vents at the rear, the vents at the front didn't seem to do anything. Today I had a look under the bed all the ducting appears to be connected and the majority of the hot air seems to come from the ducts that are routed inside the vehicle. Of the three ducts at the front of the vehicle that are fed from pipes that run under the vehicle, there seems to be only a small amount of heat that comes out of the vent that's directly behind the driver, with nothing coming out of the vents that is in the mid-floor and passenger pillar even after all the vent flaps at the back of the vehicle are closed. Is there any other T615 owners out there who can confirm if this is normal before I start pulling ducts apart?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have had a t625 Harmony, which I think is a similar layout to the t615, for 9 and a half years.
I always thought that the heat tends to come from the rear vents first because they are so much closer to the heater.
I think it may also depend on how long the fan runs for as I think it is mainly that which pushes the warm air through the longer pipes.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Our t725 also behaves in the way you describe. I've put it down to the external ducting taking longer to heat up than the internal.
We often close the outlet nearest the heater + the bathroom when starting the heating until things get warmed through then open them all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our t725 also behaves in the way you describe. I've put it down to the external ducting taking longer to heat up than the internal.
We often close the outlet nearest the heater + the bathroom when starting the heating until things get warmed through then open them all.
Good point. We have done that in the past - it's so long since we were out at a time that we needed heating that I'd forgotten :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Davb
Sep 30, 2021
Highlands
Funster No
MH
Burstner T615
Thanks for your replies, I did think that perhaps that it could be a case of the heat-dissipating before it reached the furthest vents, and as they are a bit awkward to get at I didn't want to start pulling the heating apart if it was not necessary.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back