Burstner i684 Aviano 2008 vs 2010 buying advice (1 Viewer)

Valle

Free Member
Feb 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hello
I'm new to the forum and looking to buy our first camper. I really like the configuration of the fully integrated Aviano model but need some advice.
My first question is of course quality in general. I heard these models still have wooden wall construction. Is this a problem? Known issues with mold etc?

My second question is between two year models. A 2008 at price 34k or a 2010 at 38k.
The models have same 3.0l engines and milage but the 2010 has automatic tranny and Truma heater instead of Alde 3010 on the 2008.
Isn't Alde the better option?

Would the 2010 be worth an extra 4k in price?
Any suggestions here?

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We had an Aviano i 684 for nearly 9 years - obviously we liked it - manual for us - which we prefer - one less thing to go wrong - held its price - yes they have wood in their construction - look at all its previous damp checks - do your own check before buying -pay partcular attention to front roof joints/you should see any marks on the internal lining if there has been a problem -
2 years at that age shoudn't make much difference - you can do a lot with £4K - are they both with a dealer? same dealer ? same models?what service/MOT history? Alde heating would have been an extra / not standard -

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Depending on condition it would be the 2008 3 litre Manual Alde heating for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Does either of them have just one door, that one being the habitation door.
The 2011 only had one.

OP
OP
V

Valle

Free Member
Feb 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Does either of them have just one door, that one being the habitation door.
The 2011 only had one.
The 2008 only have the habitation door, but the 2010 has both habitation door and driver cab door.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It must be the Oky Coky at the Burstner factory.

Our 2011 Burstner Aviano only had one door.

OP
OP
V

Valle

Free Member
Feb 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
We had an Aviano i 684 for nearly 9 years - obviously we liked it - manual for us - which we prefer - one less thing to go wrong - held its price - yes they have wood in their construction - look at all its previous damp checks - do your own check before buying -pay partcular attention to front roof joints/you should see any marks on the internal lining if there has been a problem -
2 years at that age shoudn't make much difference - you can do a lot with £4K - are they both with a dealer? same dealer ? same models?what service/MOT history? Alde heating would have been an extra / not standard -
Yes, both from dealers but not same dealers. Same amount of previous owners and both good service history.

As I would have preferred a camper with wood-free construction I will check extra for the spots you recommended. Big thanks!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Admission.

I see you are in Sweden. I don't know whether you live there and intend to use it there but!

We were surprised to find out, (after buying it!!!) that the Aviano only has one floor, at least ours had.
We assumed??? (Made an 'ASS' of her and me) that with it being German it would have
a double floor.
ie. It's not Winterised, (at least our's wasn't.) The heater tubes go out of the inside and travel
under the van to the front. In the UK Winter, they lose heat.
With Swedish winter temps, that could be a problem.

OP
OP
V

Valle

Free Member
Feb 10, 2024
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Admission.

I see you are in Sweden. I don't know whether you live there and intend to use it there but!

We were surprised to find out, (after buying it!!!) that the Aviano only has one floor, at least ours had.
We assumed??? (Made an 'ASS' of her and me) that with it being German it would have
a double floor.
ie. It's not Winterised, (at least our's wasn't.) The heater tubes go out of the inside and travel
under the van to the front. In the UK Winter, they lose heat.
With Swedish winter temps, that could be a problem.
Hi!
That's a good observation 😃
And yes, we plan to camp in swedish winters. The dealer said that watertank was heated and that winter wouldn't be a problem, but that's the sellers biased recommendation 😅
But heater tubes going underneath on the outside sounds like a waste regardless. Now I get second thoughts on the Aviano in general, maybe it's not for us.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Both well overpriced in my opinion.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun