Burstner Delfin? (1 Viewer)

Sep 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Hi all,

We are continuing our search for a second hand MH, ideally Burstner or Adria. With our layout & budget we have been thinking 2017-19, Burstner Lyseo Harmony 744, 727 or 736, or Adria Axess/Coral 670DL or SLT.

With the current high second hand prices, we have an option to maybe push to a new Burstner Delfin which gives a layout we like at a similar cost to a second hand Lyseo Harmony. It still looks lovely, but perhaps not loving it as much as the interior in a second hand Lyseo Harmony which we have seen and really like, and from a practical point of view Delfin doesn't offer the fully level floor and extra floor insulation that an older lyseo harmony would give us. Burstner talk about the Lyseo Harmony range as the real option for all season use - does anyone have a Delfin and have any experience of UK winter use? How about quality and interior feel - is it a case of a Burstner is a Burstner and all gorgeous - none around to physically see at the moment before the roadshow visits so interested to hear any personal views.

Thanks
Mandy

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We are very happy with our Harmony. 2019 model.
All the irritating stuff has been with the Dometic fridge and Reich water pump. That is probably my fault as it seems to have been frozen one winter.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have a Burstner Delfin but it's an old one.

I have spent Winter months in it and it is fine and the gas heater is lovely and warm. (Although worried now about lpg suppliers). I'm guessing the oven is better placed on the new ones?? Not low down to the ground. That's my biggest crib.

Good luck with your new hobby.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CarlandMandy
Sep 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
We are very happy with our Harmony. 2019 model.
All the irritating stuff has been with the Dometic fridge and Reich water pump. That is probably my fault as it seems to have been frozen one winter.
Thanks David and Sally - we saw a 745 a couple of weeks ago and loved the space, sofa at the back was larger than we thought from the pics - first van we saw was a lyseo harmony, still weighing up getting one second hand...
I have a Burstner Delfin but it's an old one.

I have spent Winter months in it and it is fine and the gas heater is lovely and warm. (Although worried now about lpg suppliers). I'm guessing the oven is better placed on the new ones?? Not low down to the ground. That's my biggest crib.

Good luck with your new hobby.
Thanks Movan that's good to know. The new pictures do still unfortunately show the oven at a very low level - it looks like a hands and knees job! Not a deal breaker, but I'd loved to speak to whoever puts them them there - not good for aging backs (speaking personally :) )
also dephin owners van is warm enough except at the front but this is true for most coach build's
Thanks Mitzimad

I think one of the frustrations is although the Delfin would be a new order, it is too late to change the spec, so no option eg to add bits we might want or take off bits we don't need. As I understand it, that is normal for dealers when a certain time point is passed with new van orders. Dealer has told us that it comes with a 2 year Fiat but only 5 year body warrantee - everything we can see on Burstner site and 2022 price pdf is that it is still 10 years so we have asked them to check that. We will continue head scratching.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Personally I'd rather have a low level oven than one of the stupidly high ones which come on top of the Tech Tower. Being only 5' tall I can't see in it yet alone get anything out of it! We've still got a high level oven but it doesn't get used much and when it does Joe has to light it, put stuff in and lift it out. To be quite honest I'd be quite happy to go without an oven rather than have a high level one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CarlandMandy
Sep 14, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Personally I'd rather have a low level oven than one of the stupidly high ones which come on top of the Tech Tower. Being only 5' tall I can't see in it yet alone get anything out of it! We've still got a high level oven but it doesn't get used much and when it does Joe has to light it, put stuff in and lift it out. To be quite honest I'd be quite happy to go without an oven rather than have a high level one.
I agree about the high up ones as well - just want one sensibly placed under top countertop or mid way down under the first draw. Looks like they do that with other models we've seen. I think for various reasons that suit us we will make good use of it, so it will be good if it is user friendly.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back