Bulgarian Camp Sites, 2023 (2 Viewers)

Mar 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily 70C17
I have just returned from a very enjoyable 3 month trip to Turkey and back. Before leaving UK I was unable to get much information on camping facilities for motorhomes in Bulgaria. Camping infrastructure in Bulgaria is changing fast, as the fledgling industry recovers from Covid 19, and some of the information available on line is out of date. I have attached a copy booklet published by Camping Bulgaria, which provides information on a number of campsites in the country, for the information of other visitors.

I can only comment on the two sites I used, Offshore Camping at Sovopol (amiable chaos) and Camping Alexandrovo near Haskovo (excellent small site, owned by an expat Brit, handy for Turkish border), but the booklet contains useful information on facilities, nearby attractions etc., for around 30 campsites.

I hope this is helpful for MH owners wishing to visit the fascinating and very beautiful country of Bulgaria.

Attachments

• CampingBG Leaflet-compressed.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
OP
OP
Bumper
Mar 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Iveco Daily 70C17
We loved Bulgaria when we visited in April this year - if you have the time, would love to hear more about your trip.
Hi Poms,
Thanks for making contact. I have now read your account of your two week trip in Bulgaria - you are definitely the experts compared to our modest few days. I wish I had seen your positive and informative posting before we went to the country - I wouldn't have approached initially with such a (wrong) negative opinion.

I have attached an extract from our family blog of this part of our trip (briefly joined by our daughter Nicola, which was great), but as you will see, written 2 weeks later, it rather focuses on Romania. Bulgaria was great but we really loved Romania, and will be back there to fill in the gaps when we can.

Good luck on your forthcoming trip to the Balkans - I will be following your travels with interest. BTW, my wife and I had one day in Adelaide on a MH trip Sydney-Broken Hill-Adelaide-Melbourne-Sydney, just before Covid shut everything down. You're in God's country there, we loved it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Week 9.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 26
Jan 24, 2018
Funster No
Just finished reading, what a great trip report! The people you meet when travelling, both fellow travellers and hosts, really elevate the experience to a whole new level, don't they? Loved your descriptions!

We found Bulgaria such a curious mix of ancient and very well preserved history, stunning landscapes, and more recent and much less well preserved communist architecture...... but the people, scenery and food - wonderful! We did wonder though, like you, if the BMWs and Mercedes with severe window tints were mafia or gangster cars :).. apparently the government there is a little on the dodgy side (but then which government these days isn't?)

I'll have to put Romania on the ever-growing list - so many places in Europe I want to visit. It's the biggest thing I miss about living here, the proximity of so many different cultures and landscapes. Don't get me wrong, Australia is great, but you can drive an awful long way and still be speaking the same language and eating the same food!

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I was working north of Suceava for a few weeks earlier this year, initially apprehensive I need not have been. The Romanians I worked with where very welcoming and helpful, food was good and cheap. I will definitely go back to see more of Romania.

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
In 2007 we spent a month in Bulgaria - back then Motorhomes were quite a novelty there. We spent a week at Borovets ski resort (covered in snow). Amazing memories. … must go back now that we’ve replaced our four kids with three dogs!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back