BT roaming in France (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I have an android phone with a BT contract which includes data. The roam like home option worked ok in Germany but now we are in France I can get no data. Calls and texts are ok though. I have the phone configured for roaming and mobile data. But no data availability showing for any of the available operators. It's a bit annoying. I'm doing this message on 3 mi so not too much of a problem. Any clues anyone?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It all depends what arrangements BT Mobile have in place with French network operators to provide roaming services.

If they have no arrangements for data with whichever networks you've been able to connect to then you have no data access, simple as that.

You could contact them to ask which networks they have arrangements with but knowing BT the chances of being able to speak to someone who even understands the question, never mind is able to answer it, are remote.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
I wonder if it anything to do with my phone only being 3G. BT says data roaming is ok in France (or rather doesn't say it doesn't! ).

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I have a BT contract and a Samsung phone and it works fine in France for data, calls and texts. It connects to Orange F and Network Mode is LTE/3G/2G

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have you tried changing to different networks manually, usually sorts those sort of problems.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Yep tried all the options. Back home on Thursday so not too much of an issue. Just a bit annoying.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back