Brugge xmas market (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2016
south wales
Funster No
MH
intergrated
Exp
since2008
I'm hoping to earn some browny points by taking my wife to the brugge xmas market, is it worth it? We've only experienced the bath & york markets, i believe it's only a short walk from the aire but does it fill up in dec. Thanks for your advice.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Brugge is a beautiful city and is well worth a visit in its own right. However in my opinion the Xmas market there is somewhat disappointing. My suggestion would be to stay at the aire in Brugge have a look around Brugge for a day and then go into Brussels by train the following day and visit the Xmas market there. The station is just a short walk away from the Brugge aire, trains are frequent, fast, and inexpensive. Once in Brussels the Grand Place, where the Xmas Market is held, is within walking distance of the station.
Brisey.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Or if you were up to driving a little further, Aachen just across the German border has a nice Xmas Market. The stellplatz is on the big main car/coach park and is about a 5 min walk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
At the risk of boring everyone, and repeating myself over again , gravelines market really wants some beating , and if you are going to be anywhere near it, give it a go, you won't be disappointed

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
What day is Gravelines? When does Brugges X,as markit start.thanks

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
At the risk of boring everyone, and repeating myself over again , gravelines market really wants some beating , and if you are going to be anywhere near it, give it a go, you won't be disappointed
I thought last year's Xmas market at Gravelines was not as good as previous years

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What day is Gravelines? When does Brugges X,as markit start.thanks

I thought last year's Xmas market at Gravelines was not as good as previous years
Didn't go last year, but did the previous two, and thought it was the best we had been to, but ,like everything ,it might be going downhill:(
We are booked to go on the shuttle on the 18th of Dec on a five day thingy £160, coming back on the Thursday hope to do Brugge , ipers, and gravelines,
It may be different now but when we did gravelines, it had the lot, artificial snow, live animals, brazier on every corner, skating rink, tat stalls, and better stalls, covered the whole of the centre of town, never done Brugge market so can't tell, but ipers not a patch on gravelines.

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
We have been to Brugge Chrismas market every year for the past 5 years. Only because we stay at the aire on our way home in December. It's not bad, but not a great market. We've been to Munich and Vienna market which is great so we were probably spoiled with those. The ice sculptures in Brugge are well worth a visit but don't forget your hat and gloves

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We're going with friends to Brugge and doing the big wine load at Majestic not been before but if its anything like the chrismas markets over here won't buy much.

OP
OP
W
Jul 1, 2016
south wales
Funster No
MH
intergrated
Exp
since2008
Thanks for your input, i'll try & fit a couple in over a long long weekend perhaps.

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
Last year we did Brugge and Aachen Christmas markets but because of being disappointed and talking to a fellow MH'er he said try Cologne you won't be disappointed. Well he was right. There were 7 different markets all with different themes and it took 5 evenings to see them all. The girls thought the gay market the most educational.
Colin

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As a coach driver visited many different xmas markets, Cologne definitely the best of the bunch.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back