Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
After a bit of advice. Going out on the 6th December, back on the 10th December. I will visit Bruges for quite a bit of that.
Will the aire be rammed out because of the Christmas market?

Thanks all

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
That's what I was worried about

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Yes it will be busy, so get there good and early.
However, the last time we went to Brugge (2014 Christmas market), they were using the adjoining coach park as an "aire overflow"

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Going out on the 6th December, back on the 10th December. I will visit Bruges for quite a bit of that.

Good choice Sir.

Now would you do a fellow FUNster a favour. @GJH is desperate to visit Bruges but needs a guide, he's not totally comfortable south of Doncaster coz they talk funny. But you would see his little face light up at the sight of tower and he'd scamper up it like an out of control puppy. I did it at a somewhat slower pace but well worth it. This a windmill open within walking distance, well worth the walk up it's scary steps.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
@GHJ. Monday 5th December probably stop at Canterbury park and ride, afternoon there, mainly Wetherspoon.
I'm on the 9:20 Eorotunnel on the 6th December. I'll probably stop at City Europe to Stock up on essential wine and food. I'm aiming to get to Bruges just after lunch, normally the best time to get space. Probably leave on the Friday and move back Gravelines, useful Carefore there to stock up for the way home. Saturday I'm on the 14:20 back to UK.
You're more than welcome to tag along if you want, I'm pretty easy going and apart from the train nothing is set in stone (y)

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@GHJ. Monday 5th December probably stop at Canterbury park and ride, afternoon there, mainly Wetherspoon.
I'm on the 9:20 Eorotunnel on the 6th December. I'll probably stop at City Europe to Stock up on essential wine and food. I'm aiming to get to Bruges just after lunch, normally the best time to get space. Probably leave on the Friday and move back Gravelines, useful Carefore there to stock up for the way home. Saturday I'm on the 14:20 back to UK.
You're more than welcome to tag along if you want, I'm pretty easy going and apart from the train nothing is set in stone (y)
Brian is winding you (and me) up Clive :D Even if we were interested in going to Bruges that week would be out anyway because of appointments - but thanks for the offer :)

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
If the aire is full you can stay at Camping Memling. Lovely facilities and a bus stop 5 minutes walk away that takes you right into the market Square.

OP
OP
Clive

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Brian is winding you (and me) up Clive :D Even if we were interested in going to Bruges that week would be out anyway because of appointments - but thanks for the offer :)
Well I have a spare bed for your lady wife who it seems loves the place

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Monday 5th December probably stop at Canterbury park and ride, afternoon there, mainly Wetherspoon.

Walk down the old road past the cricket ground and the second pub you come to is called the Phoenix. Probably about 3/4 of a mile from the aire.

It's a great little pub, we always go there.

NB. Don't go in the first pub, opposite the cricket ground. It's awful (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back